cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer checks out without shipping

All of the items I sell are freight. Generally oddly shaped and require detailed quote. Prior to the new system if a buyer bought the item they wouldn't be able to checkout without me adding freight. Somehow on my last sale they were able to checkout without freight included and there's no way for me to add the freight cot on to the already checked out item.. So for 5 days now it's been a back and forth with the buyer about getting this paid. I think the buyer hopes I'll give in and go ahead a ship. THATS NOT HAPPENING. The freight is $225 alone. That over 25% of the sale itself. Add on ebay fees and we're at 40% out the door with the item.. This new system is GARBAGE

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Buyer checks out without shipping

I've had that happen too. I thought I was listing my items wrong but it's the new set up that's confusing.  Try to always include the shipping in the listing rather than after and make sure it says "Buyer Pays".  That's the part that was confusing me because it shows an amount but sometimes it says  "You Pay" and you have to change it to "Buyer Pays", otherwise they get free shipping.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Buyer checks out without shipping

Freight is a different ballgame. I don't use ebays freight because it always ended up costing me at least $50 per and in some cases $$$ as the freight co's will underbid at first and then hit you with additional fees later plus ebay's 10%. After you eat 50% of a sale once on freight overbilling you'll end that **bleep** real quick.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply