cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All MP payments on hold

I am a 20 + year ebay top rated seller. earlier this month a buyer misinterpreted his delivery scan and opened a case for the sole purpose of asking me to see if i could find out where his package was and then closed it himself 2 days later when he located it in customs.  NOW, because of that, all my funds are being held until scanned that they are delivered.  So I have to go into the negative for funds available or use PayPal rather than use the customer pending payment for shipping.  I was told that this would be in effect for 30 days.  Since I cannot leave any released funds in the account to pay shipping, as they automatically deposit whatever is there every week, this will be a vicious cycle for one of eBay's long term "valued partners" .  Just a bookkeeping mess in the scheme of things, but pretty frustating to be treated like a newbie after 20 years and I imagine this will make by month-end accounting more of a headache than usual.  Thanks for letting me vent...i am imagine i could spend a couple of hours on the phone and get this nonsense to stop, but as an "elder" i guess it just isn't how i want to spend my time...

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: All MP payments on hold

Does you MP page actually say that your funds will be released only when the package is scanned upon delivery? If the buyer closed the case, the funds should be released, also it can take a few days.

Off the topic, why don't you use your CC to pay for the shipping labels? Get a free account with pirateship.com. You can ask them to sign you up for their simple international rate. If you percales are less than 4lbs, their international prices are much cheaper than ebay's. Heavier parcel prices are about the same, but their site is easy to use, basically glitch free, excellent customer service, live chat, and using CC buying international labels, you can save some serious $$

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I've been in MP since August, 2019. I keep a zero PayPal balance. I still choose to have my label costs pulled from my attached bank account... through selecting PayPal on the label page. Go to your PayPal Wallet and select your account or a CC as the 'Preferred' method of paying while shopping online. That's where your shipping costs will start coming from... no more refilling a PayPal account. Good luck to you...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It is not the funds for the closed case that are being held; those were released.  It is for all succeeding transactions Because of the case. I was told this would be in effect for 30 days! And this scenario is not listed on the page explaining why  holds happen...it was explained by the Facebook eBay Business page reps.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@wgonzales   Wow, THAT is really a disappointing story ... everything on hold just because of one transaction?  That makes absolutely no sense at all, other than Home Office's affinity for CONTROLLING everything.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@wgonzales wrote:

It is not the funds for the closed case that are being held; those were released.  It is for all succeeding transactions Because of the case. I was told this would be in effect for 30 days! And this scenario is not listed on the page explaining why  holds happen...it was explained by the Facebook eBay Business page reps.  

Something is VERY wrong here.  One transaction with a problem can not create this kind of sanction by Ebay normally.  So something else has happened or they are counting something else against you.  Or they have made a HUGE Mistake.  You really need to call Ebay and talk with them.  Take them through the whole story.  And make sure you stress that you only had a problem with this ONE buyer, if that is in fact what happened.

I hope you will consider coming back and updating us on what you find out.  I really hope you get this fixed sooner rather than later.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 6
latest reply