cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21 day hold on funds for absolutely no reason! eBay this needs to stop!

I am an active seller with over 500 items sold within the last 90 days. So I am by no means new to the game. I recently made a sell for items that totaled in over 5k in value and the funds were placed on a 21 day hold. Immediately I think okay yeah that's reasonable to hold funds until the item is delivered and feedback is left from buyer (not to mention I have had similar sells of the same amount with the same buyer). WRONG. Perfect feedback left and the item was shipped within 2 days of sale and delivered.  I call ebay 3 times and each time they told me they would release the funds and after waiting a few days I call again because my funds still havent been released and this time the employee told me that it hasn't been release because they can't override the 21 day hold. With no good explanation ebay decides to hold 5k in funds for almost a month during tough times. HOLDING FUNDS WITHOUT REASON MUST STOP.  If this isn't changed for all sellers soon I will take me and my business else where, just as the rest of ebay sellers who are experiencing the same should. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: 21 day hold on funds for absolutely no reason! eBay this needs to stop!

I can see their point. Up until those 2 huge sales you were selling low cost items, under $100, and suddenly you have 2 sales in the $5000 range to the same buyer.  And the 500 items were sold in what, 5 transactions? I don't blame you for being upset, but the sales just look suspicious.

Member since 2000. Look at my 100% feedback and transaction history. I am absolutely NOT new to Ebay and am an Above Average seller according to THEIR ratings. It's insulting. I tend to sell higher end, more costly items. I also sell for my clients and have to explain that Ebay is now holding their money for 2-3 weeks for no reason! To just randomly make every seller 'New To Ebay' is a ridiculous insult to those of us who have played by the rules, have happy customers and have made Ebay a lot of money. My mortgage is due, my clients want paid, I have money tied up in shipping and handling, RELEASE MY FUNDS NOW PLEASE. If there's a problem (which there won't be!) You already have access to my checking account and a backup credit card for funding issues. Can't help considering the amount of interest Ebay is making holding millions of dollars for 2-3 weeks as well. You need to fix this algorithm and return my account status to it's previous state. If not, I am considering selling my items with a different company.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

eBay puts holds on seller funds for a variety of reasons, including for new or infrequent sellers, sellers that have begun selling in new categories, that have changed their selling behavior recently or that are selling very high priced items.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

They told me that same thing when I called. I asked to speak to a supervisor. Within a couple of minutes, still on the phone, they released my funds and made sure I could see they were no longer on hold. They CAN override a hold. The regular CSRs can only do what they're told. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I totally get your frustration. I have sold things for a thousand dollars multiple times and the last time it was a 30 day hold. I sell things for $100 and they still hold it. I asked the customer service, what happens if they decide to swap out the part I sold with their bad part and try to send it back? Then I’m out a thousand right? It’s frustrating because the people that buy these things really don’t understand that we have to pay a lot to sell and they always want a massive discount on things with free shipping. I swore to never hit a seller up begging for a discount 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@57sunburst wrote:

Can't help considering the amount of interest Ebay is making holding millions of dollars for 2-3 weeks as well. 

According to eBay they do not make any interest.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816

stephenmorgan_0-1664992128947.png

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

the bank that their transactions go through and are being held are making the interest on it - money just doesn't sit in a bank and collect nothing - Ebay may have all their deals going through a non interest bearing account but the bank they are going through and being held at

will make the interest on it 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

same thing happened to me and im over it 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

agree

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

well they lie so why would i believe them?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply