cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First sale

Does anybody have any pointers for a person and what they do after they've made their first sale on eBay

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: First sale

Well, this is a bit like asking a buddy’s advice after you marry a stripper that you just met. 

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I'm not exactly sure how to take that but those people need advice too

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Pack the item so that it arrives safely and ship via a tracked shipping method with a carrier which integrates with Ebay, preferably one that you can buy the shipping for on Ebay. Make certain the weight and dimensions are correct when you buy shipping.

Double boxing is probably appropriate for the items you have sold, which means the dimensions of the carton and amount of packaging material may be greater and the shipping charge may be higher than you estimated.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

there is a huge checklist "prior to the sale"

to add onto the stripper analogy, make sure your buyer knows what they are getting

(accurate description and photos)

After the sale:

I always try to add the wow factor (overkill) when packing and shipping.

No used cereal boxes or beat up used amazon boxes. When they get it, that first impression needs to be "..wow, maybe better than I expected..."

(that extra $$$ for the box and new packing goes a long way)

this helps build repeat customers...

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

And double box that fragile glassware!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Hopefully you have shipped that first item you sold back in January by now.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Yes thank you so much for those tips and I didn't double box it but I really that did cross my mind I wish I would have now I hope everything turns out all right live and learn I guess LOL

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Yeah I'm taking business and college right now I'm about to get my associate's degree and that was one of the things that we learned about in marketing but the thing is I'm a newbie and you know I'm really kind of working with the scraps I've got already at hand but I don't think it was a recycled Amazon box but it wasn't it just beat up you know what I'm saying but thank you for your tips I appreciate any feedback I can get

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Yeah those people never did make the payment so I never relisted it as not sold I guess I probably should have thanks for that advice or thanks for bringing that to my attention

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Yeah I never looked on this platform before it went since I've been on eBay but I just since I've been on here and found the articles that's down at the bottom of the page and I'm in the process of going through all of them right now they're very informative and I appreciate everyone on here

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

If you use a recycled AZ box, turn it inside out.

Small effort, and it prevents a hasty customer from thinking they got passed off with an AZ item at eBay prices.

• EBay often has cheaper prices even with shipping than AZ , but AZ has pounded the advertising that they have everything and cheaper than anywhere. Don't let your customer jump to that conclusion.

If you are thrifting, check the stationery shelves for stickers and cards. Make the first wrap of your decorative items in pretty tissue with an appropriate sticker.  Presentation again. (the rest can be bubble wrap or peanuts, it's the part that touches the purchase that should look cute.)

Many of your titles are awful. You have 82 keystrokes, use them all.

And the first four words are the most important because: Phones.

That etsy listing should not be used with your basketball figurine. Just drop it.

You can rearrange your photos.

Those photos showing "made in China" are not the selling point you think.  If the item is vintage or antique say so in the description but don't make the label the first picture.

Some of your pictures are very cluttered. Less is more.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Looks like that sale was on March 28th, three days ago.

Unless you had "Immediate Payment Required", your buyer  has FOUR days to pay.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

That person was suggesting that you need to read ALL the information BEFORE you start selling here.

For instance, as mentioned in my previous post, your buyer has  four days, 96 hours, to pay.  And I thought you had to be referring to your very recent sale.  

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

That is some great feedback thank you so much you do not know how much I appreciate that and I'm in school for business and I know everything you're saying but a lot of stuff that I've done so far I've I've done it kind of you know just in a rush trying to just hurry up and make some money because you know it's it's tight living on a student's budget thank you so much though I really appreciate your feedback

Message 15 of 18
latest reply