cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

since EBAY has gone nuts....

since EBAY has gone nuts and is chargng 60% final value fee on top of a $20.00 insertion fee for EBAY MOTORS, where can i list an automotive hand tool i want to sell for $5.00?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: since EBAY has gone nuts....

Yes, i made a mistake.
I assumed ebay was like it had slways been and had not gone nuts.
Please explain how i can avoid the error again, like maybe, telling me how to list a 5.00 automotive tool with out paying 60.00.
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

I have listed many things on ebay over the years and never paid 60.00 for the auction.
I sold one trolling motor for 28.00 this year.
I listed one boat this year and it sold for 100.00, buyer never paid.
I listed one truck this year this year and it did not sell.
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

List your tool in: Home & Garden > Tools & Workshop Equipment

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

I dont care what you call a 60.00 fee. Call it a wombat tax. Call it a stray cat cleaning fee. I dont care. I dont care if it is a flat fee or a final value fee or a bribe or a tax or a toll . I dont care.

I dont care if it is, or is not, 60% of 100.00. it could be 2% or 2,000% of 100.00. i dont care.

I dont care if they charge me 60.00 for every auction or only once in a life time or once a year, i dont care. I am not paying 60.00 to sell a 100.00 item.

I am also not paying a 20.00 insertion fee.

You guys love paying 60%, or 60.00 of 100.00 or 60.00 once a year or 60.00 every alternating tuesday, i dont care. Get together once a year and celebrate paying the 60.00. i am not paying it.

Now, would anybody like to answer the question?

How can i list a 5.00 automotive part and not be charged 60.00 and 20.00?

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

@yfrank14 wrote:
I dont have a link. Just my invoice which shows a 60.00 and a 20.00 fee.

@yfrank14 

You selected the wrong category for this type of boat.  Sporting Goods would have been more appropriate and far less expensive in fees.

Take a closer look at post # 5 on this thread.  The poster @nobody*s_perfect provided you with some links to the Ebay policies that affected you.

You just made a choice to use the wrong category and it cost you a lot of money for the value of the boat.  Plus you used a subtitle which costs a little more in listing fees too.  But there was no need for the subtitle because you didn't even come close to using up the space allowed for the Title.

It is important to make sure you know what the fees are before you post a listing for sale.  The links in the above post should really help you for the future.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 20 of 22
latest reply

@yfrank14 wrote:
It was a boat. A 12' row boat.
I have listed , and bought, 100.00 items for years on ebay.
Never again on ebay motors.

Your Row Boat didn't belong on Ebay Motors in the first place.  You just made the wrong choice.

You are blaming Ebay for something they did not do wrong.  The issue you have has nothing to do with Ebay going nuts or anything else.  It has everything to do with your choice of category to sell it in and you not doing the research to know what the fees are to sell in that category.  All this is publishing and accessible to all sellers 24/7.  But you do have to take the time to look.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 21 of 22
latest reply

So if I sell a vehicle for 100k, will my final value fee would only be $125? I just want to make sure on this. I've already asked on the main board here, but haven't received a reply. (not being impatient, I just ran across your post and wanted to ask while I have your post pulled up).
There is no percentage charged if the vehicle sells, just a flat rate?
Thanks
Message 22 of 22
latest reply