cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

company with bad policys

bought a starter for my ford fairlane new with a one year warranty also bought a extented warranty from assurance for a year i asked will this starter fit with headers they said most likely con vinent they lost the emai text on that conversation now ebay assurance and the seller will not take it back last starter i bought difert brand 278.00 didnt fit either ebay kept replying work it out with the seller 5 times their reply so ebay does not protect the little guy only big companys im publishing this in our local conn post and i have printed documents so they can take me to court amazon is looking better to me every day

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

company with bad policys

They didn't just drop in?
Message 31 of 42
latest reply

company with bad policys

The headers were advertised as "easy installation" so I should have assumed the worst from the start.

The headers did bolt right onto the engine. Unfortunately, they would not bolt on to the engine with the engine in the car.

I had to disconnect the motor mounts and lift the engine about 2 feet to wrestle them into place.

Once the engine was lowered then I had to wrestle subframes, steering shaft fit, and half a dozen other issues.

I swore off headers that weekend and the only ones I've done since have been a set of block huggers on a 500 inch Cadillac motor. Piece of cake.

Maybe that's what the OP needs. Block huggers.

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

company with bad policys

I have sworn off the "You can do it, it is easy for you" people like the ones that wanted me "fix" the aluminum wiring in their house so their insurance would go down. I am not licensed, I can't get a permit, and they wanted that for free?

Then there are the ones that ask my opinion, duly consider it, agree with me, and hire a licensed tradesperson to do the work. Them, I like. 

Message 33 of 42
latest reply

company with bad policys

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey rips -

Block huggers tend to offer the most clearance for the starter and steering this is true...

I'm just spec-u-latin' here...maybe the OP will chime in and throw us a bone or two...

Checking  the OP's feedback I am going to guess it's a '66 Fairlane...

FE engine group...at the very least a 390 but could be the holy grail...a 427 side oiler...

My cyrstal ball (ok the feedback pages) hint of a Edelbrock Victor intake....these aren't for cruisin' the streets...it's for running her hard out the top end...

She's gotta have full length, big tube headers.

OP wants her to run 8.90's.....

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

company with bad policys

"OP wants her to run 8.90's....."?

I personally know a guy, lucked into a '69(?) Torino GT with whatever the biggest engine was. He goes out and finds a period correct, better engine, 428 something or other. Drove halfway across the US for that engine, wondering if it was for real, gets home, it was untouched and real.

Never said what he paid for anything, none of anyone's business. 

"Luck" is a bad word as he is smart and works for his money. 

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

company with bad policys

Anonymous
Not applicable

...8.90's..

8.9 second quarter mile time...

A very quick and respectable speed for factory built door slammers (cars with doors...as the cars go faster and faster by class, notice that doors disappear....)

Hot rodded Fairlanes are pretty much always built with drag racing in mind even the one's that never see the strip...wink wink.

Yes...428 Cobra Jet. There was a Super Cobra Jet as well.  Fairly rare, another of the Ford hot rodder's holy grails of motors...as the story of your friend shows rather well...

BTW....I just realized that California has more Drag Strips than Volvo dealers Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 36 of 42
latest reply

company with bad policys

Today's base model Kia will either keep up with it or outrun it .

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

company with bad policys

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Base model Kias run 8 second quarter miles huh? Bwhahahahahahaha....

Good one Tony!

Here's mine....

If a lawyer, an I.R.S. agent, and a Volvo Salesman all feel off a cruise ship and you only had time to jump in and save one...

Would you read the newspaper or go to lunch? Smiley Very Happy

Message 38 of 42
latest reply

company with bad policys

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok enuf stuff...

Tony if this thread doesn't suit you, why not just ignore it?

Why trash it with all the sour posts?

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

company with bad policys

I'd love to see a 9 second Kia. The torque steer would probably put it into the stands when the pedal was mashed.

At the strip here about 10 years some young man with a modded Subaru WRX was there on a test and tune night. He lined up against a Ford diesel king cab pickup that had a tool box in the back.

The truck whomped that WRX like a red headed step child at Wal Mart. The truck by 10 lengths.

The WRX driver did some more tweaks and took another stab at it. This time losing by only 8.

Both races were over by the 300 foot mark with the truck turning low to mid 10s.

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

company with bad policys

Same here, I've sworn off adding headers to my cars sincde I do not race. I've looked into installing a set of shorty headers on my '64 El Camino, but not anytime soon. I probably install a set of exhaust dumps on it, just to make noise.

Many of the new cars have exhaust systems which ares just as good as having headers installed. They even look like shorty headers. The very first factory headers I seen were on an early 60's Mopar. Some of the performance Dodge and Plymouth cars with the Max Wedge and Race Hemis installed from 1962 to 1968 had factory headers.

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

company with bad policys

well when im wrong im wrong in this case im right so they are going to court been in the auto buissness 50 years  its not going to stop here

Message 42 of 42
latest reply