Motors
Check out our tips and strategies for buying and selling all things auto.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Contact information sharing after car sale

I sold my car on eBay Motors and the buyer paid the deposit. Now we're trying to exchange contact information to complete the sale but the messaging system keeps flagging any message that contains a phone number, name or address. Given that this is h...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

maney

Holaestuve trabajando para ebay tendrian que pagarme y hasta ahora no lo han hecho

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Selling cars on low price

Hi recently I was searching car on Facebook and I found a 2007 Toyota rav4 limited model in perfect condition with less than 120k on it. So for me it’s like gold mine. So when I contacted the buyer on Facebook he said he put up the ad on behalf of he...

I have a moral dilemma.

In my lengthy selling career—both on eBay and elsewhere—I have had to make decisions similar to these. Can I sleep at night with the decision I've made? is a question I often ask. Others may disagree, but I have to live by my conscience, therefore th...

Why, after all this time, are there still phoney vendors on eBay?

In the previous six months, I placed bids on three fake auctions. Yes, my credit card company gave me my money back, but I don't want it to go to these folks.How could eBay have missed the fact that these auctions are fakes?I'm beginning to lose fait...

Facebook Marketplace SCAM

There is a posting now for a RV on Facebook Marketplace with over 100 postings selling the same RV in different states. Very Clean 2004 Dutchmen Sport Lite 28ft Clean $1,000 The seller said they recently moved back home and their husband died and fin...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 21 replies
  • 1 helpful

Watching Used Car Prices Fall - Dealers are Taking a Bath

For premium vehicles, the market decline has been > 20%. So, that $40k once-valued higher end used car now is worth about $32k, the $30k vehicle now about $24k. That's enough of a loss that many dealers who subscribed to floor planning their inventor...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller Needs to Learn Basic Rules

I purchased an item that was assured to fit a particular product. It looked okay, but when it arrived, it was clear that it would not fit. Before I purchased, I noted that the seller offered free shipping and the seller paid for the returns. So, what...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 19 replies
  • 2 helpful

Buying a vehicle with a gift card

So I bought a car on eBay tonight for $800 I had to use for gift cards to do it the site looks legit they send you an invoice from eBay and all it's not legit now I got to figure out how to get my money back  the lady told me why she was selling the ...

Screenshot_20210110-211200.png

Resolved! Counterfeit seal caused engine failure

Ok so I bought some oil seals that were advertised as toyota seals. I bought these using my phone and when they arrived they were in a toyota package with the part numbers and a barcode looked 100% legit. Had a shop install them thinking it was a goo...

Sketchy Seller

I PURCHASED A PAIR OF SWAY BAR END LINKS THAT SUPPOSEDLY HAVE A LIFETIME WARRANTY. ONE OF THE MOUNTING BOLTS BROKE THAT MOUNTS THE SWAY BAR TO THE MOUNTING BRACKET WHILE DRIVING THROUGH TOWN. UNFORTUNATELY, AFTER 2 ATTEMPTS AT CONTACTING THE SELLER, ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors