cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with all the seller dropping prices? China junk?

I sell transmission parts and my sales have been down. I see why. Sellers are cutting there price so much it is not funny.

One listing i have sold over 500 items at around $169 for the last two years. Now they are selling for $83.50. What a joke.

Sellers you like selling stuff to just make a sale? I don't, that dont pay the bills.

Another thing just looking at ads. What is going on with a the cheep looking pictures and **bleep**. I have watermarks on my picture and gladly changing before March.

Time to start spending more time on listing on other chanels.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Other channels? eBay is the single largest car part visited site, in the world. 

My sales have been way off. I am thinkng of just finally fully retiring. 

There are a lot, majority, who lose money on each and every sale. They have no idea what they are doing. They have no concept of what their costs are. They do NOT include: ebay fees, PP fees, G&A, packaging costs, etc. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Another thing is these Chinese sellers get a subsidy on shipping. They pay next to nothing to ship. The subsidy is paid for not by China but by USPS. Your own tax dollars are helping to kill your business!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I agree, many sellers are losing money and don't know it. Hopefully these other seller will realize it and start raising prices. There are enough coustomers for everyone to make money and a good living.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Don't hold your breath waiting for them the raise the prices... That would work only if ALL of the sellers did that, but they won't. there will always be those that will sell cheaper, and that's the ones that will sell (For the most part).

I manage a salvage yard. Currently the price we are paying for scrapmetal is $145 per ton. There are scrappers here that will litterly go somewhere else if they can get $146.. They will call and whine trying to get $147 from us, smh. Of course, mostly those are the ones that have $10 worth of scrap, so the price per ton makes no difference in what they get, just makes them feel better I guess!
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The market is saturated with junk and an abundace of sellers willing to race to the bottom. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Chinese sellers mislead customers by using either the US Flag, or red, white and blue stars and strips.
Customers see this, and assume the Chinese product is really American made.
This is false and misleading advertisement.

On the other hand, the American sellers sell less because Chinese sellers flood E bay with junk, and disguise it as US quality.
Soon, neither Chinese Or American sellers will be able to sell, because the customers will not buy "cheap eBay junk."
This hurts not only sellers, but buyers/
Message 7 of 7
latest reply