cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about a 1987 Buick station wagon with the 5.0 motor

I am getting the 87 Buick Station wagon ready for paint but 1st i have to replace the leaky valve cover gaskets{more junk to pull out of the way just to get to them}.Question.I did a major tune up and i have a very sight miss in the 5.0 motor.It is in the # 1 cylinder.I have good compression in it, i tried switching the spark plug and then the plug wire but when i pull the plug wire off it doesnt seem to run any rougher as it should.I can see the plug wire arching off the motor when i pull it off the spark plug.Thing it could be a valve hanging up from sitting.I was going to try some sea foam or M.M. oil in it.What do you all think?Thanks and have a good weekend! Bruce.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Question about a 1987 Buick station wagon with the 5.0 motor

@fisc-bruc wrote:

Any one know where i can get the plastic clips that hold the side molding on the wagon?I tried e bay but they dont have the right ones?Thanks Bruce.

Bruce, I ordered clips from Amazon.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fisc-bruc wrote:

Any one know where i can get the plastic clips that hold the side molding on the wagon?I tried e bay but they dont have the right ones?Thanks Bruce.

Are the '87 Buick clips the same as the '87 Chevy Caprice clips?  The body and trim look the same so I'm thinking that they are....but really only assuming...Smiley Happy

Just throwing this up for info purposes...I did not check out this seller or have any connection to this listing...there were 48 hits for "1987 Caprice body clips"...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/50x-Nylon-Door-Quarter-Trim-Body-Moulding-Belt-Clips-Retainer-for-Chevy-Cap...

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Finally got some clips from a paint store.The guy said i was buying the last of them.He said they dont make them for that year any more.Bruce.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply