cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback for $0.99 Shipping Ad

I have been running a shipping service ad on eBay for almost a year, item 382134328629, Just like any other shipping service ad in the same category, priced $0.99. Some buyer with private feedback clicked "Buy It Now", paid $0.99, and asked me to ship a 31ft boat with no trailer from Deerfield beach FL to Punta Gorda FL via message for $0.99.

I explained to him the cost will be $2.5 per mile for boat over 28ft or 7500 lbs, plus loading/unloading fees, which comes to $520 including permit fees, and he/she can call the phone numbers in the listing to discuss details, such as preparation, payment, and scheduling etc. He/she then asked his/her $ 0.99 back, saying he/she found someone else who would do transaction within eBay to transport the boat, and turned around left me a negative feedback.

"Misleading ad with no price transparency. Awful experience. Not how Ebay works."

"Misleading", "no price transparency"? I did not even advertise any pricing in the ad, I am expecting people with interests call. It's a simple ad, boats coming in different sizes, shapes, with or without trailers, there's no universal pricing to cover it all. It's an obvious lie about "found someone else who would do transaction within eBay to transport the boat". Every similar AD is running the same way, it's just impossible to price the exact shipping cost with eBay format.

"Awful experience"? You've got to be kidding, I only exchanged a few eBay messages with this person and as I always am, I am polite, accurate and courteous. I encouraged him/her to call the phone numbers listed but of course nobody called. I kind of had a feeling from the beginning the only purpose of this eBay member click "Buy It Now" is to leave negative feedback just from the way he/she asking questions. There's nobody this unintelligent or lacking of common sense thinking you can pay $0.99 to ship anything from anywhere for whatever distance. He/she could be a competitor or something, and no wonder his/her feedback is kept private.

Do I have any, any at all, chance to call eBay to somehow get rid of my only Neg feedback? I am good eBay with excellent feedback history, I mean before this ridiculous one. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

This listing? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Affordable-amp-Reliable-Boat-and-Camper-Hauling-Transport-Shipping-/3821343...

Don't know how legal that is on Ebay even if there are many similar ads, but I can envision many nupty bidders clicking on it and expecting to get their boat shipped for 99 cents. Probably the same people that think they can get a red 2015 F150 with 30,000 miles for $2,000.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Yep, the ad must have made some one mad. This is EBay and you are going to run into all types. I agree they bid on it just to neg you. Maybe a competitor. I see your not running the ad any more but I did read it. If you list it again make some changes so if you do get a undeserved neg and you have a better chance of getting it removed. You may be able to get it removed any way. The problem is that they paid the 99 cents.

Although I'm not sure what you could do differently other than raise the 99 cents to a higher amount. If you raise it to a much higher amount your mad buyer/competitor won't be able to leave you such a cheap neg.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

This listing? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Affordable-amp-Reliable-Boat-and-Camper-Hauling-Transport-Shipping-/3821343...

Don't know how legal that is on Ebay even if there are many similar ads, but I can envision many nupty bidders clicking on it and expecting to get their boat shipped for 99 cents. Probably the same people that think they can get a red 2015 F150 with 30,000 miles for $2,000.

Yes, that's the listing. It's been on for almost a year, till this guy showed up "bought it". You know what is so ironic? The inactive AD got more clicks since Neg feedback left than when it's running.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

The guy who left negatory feedback is obviously a donkey excavation.....but man, those ads HAVE to be in violation of Ebay policy on so many levels...  I wouldn't have called attention to it by posting here, 'cause once the right person at Ebay notices, that'll probably be the end of those ads (Not that they do much good, anyway though- really, with no specifics, it's no different than just calling random companies out of the phone book for quotes. )

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

It's frustrating to have a solid record and then dinged by some yo-yo but I wouldn't worry too  much over it.

With the passage of a little time you will get over this and honestly, I don't see someone not dealing with you because of that one neg. I always read the feedback record of someone before buying and I'd deal with you in a heartbeat with no reservations.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@ripsmc wrote:

It's frustrating to have a solid record and then dinged by some yo-yo but I wouldn't worry too  much over it.

With the passage of a little time you will get over this and honestly, I don't see someone not dealing with you because of that one neg. I always read the feedback record of someone before buying and I'd deal with you in a heartbeat with no reservations.

Thanks. I am the same way, I always read the whole feedback record if I do feel like need to check it before purchasing. 

You would think someone with a 80K worth boat should at least know $0.99 is not the cost to move it anywhere. 

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Honestly, I don't think the ad is in violation. It's a service ad. Lot's of them on here. I just think the listing needs a little more detail, free quotes and so on. The starting or buy it now price has to be higher to keep this sort of thing from happening. If it would have been five hundred instead of ninety nine cents this would not have happened.

If EBay is going to have these types of service ads they need to address this issue.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Hi guys, here 's the new found. 

This negative feedback I just received is a retaliation of a negative I left for another eBay member recently.  2 members share exactly the same addresses, and the one "bought" my shipping service is the registered agent of the company I purchased a skirt from and had to leave a negative feedback.

I have solid proof. Should I contact eBay about it?

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

You have just learned the valuable lesson why you do not buy and sell on the same user ID.   That is the same reason people have posting ID's.

I would contact eBay and hopefully you get a rep in the US and you may be able to get that Neg removed if your proof is as strong as you say it is.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@ujokinme wrote:

You have just learned the valuable lesson why you do not buy and sell on the same user ID.   That is the same reason people have posting ID's.

I would contact eBay and hopefully you get a rep in the US and you may be able to get that Neg removed if your proof is as strong as you say it is.

I got the Neg removed. I have the state corporation and public record to show for.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@marinermikes wrote:

Honestly, I don't think the ad is in violation. It's a service ad. Lot's of them on here.

True but the actual cost of the service should be listed. I don't understand how Ebay allows this. Ebay gets 9 cents on the 99 cent transaction yet the sellers actual sale is for $520. Ebay doesn't get the $52 fee on the real amount of the transaction. As money hungry as Ebay can be, I don't see this catagory on here for long unless the listing have actual pricing.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Interesting, 159 ads, most by the same outfit. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

@marinermikes wrote:

Honestly, I don't think the ad is in violation. It's a service ad. Lot's of them on here.

True but the actual cost of the service should be listed. I don't understand how Ebay allows this. Ebay gets 9 cents on the 99 cent transaction yet the sellers actual sale is for $520. Ebay doesn't get the $52 fee on the real amount of the transaction. As money hungry as Ebay can be, I don't see this catagory on here for long unless the listing have actual pricing.

As a partner involved in the shipping business, I'd say if eBay can come up with a format that suits shipping service listings, 10% fee is actually a great deal. I, myself, would love to pay for it as it's a lot cheaper than paying a broker. The question is this design of the format probably requires a substantial investment. Shipping rate is highly related to cargo type, cargo class, transit regions, etc. etc. It's going to be a very complicated format to cover it all and calculate correct shipping cost. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

The more I think about this, the less sense it makes.

It "seems" there is a 99¢ listing that leads to an off eBay deal? eBay knows this? Is this some sort of nod and a wink category?

Getting the neg was a terminally mindless excersize on the part of the "buyer". 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply