cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback for $0.99 Shipping Ad

I have been running a shipping service ad on eBay for almost a year, item 382134328629, Just like any other shipping service ad in the same category, priced $0.99. Some buyer with private feedback clicked "Buy It Now", paid $0.99, and asked me to ship a 31ft boat with no trailer from Deerfield beach FL to Punta Gorda FL via message for $0.99.

I explained to him the cost will be $2.5 per mile for boat over 28ft or 7500 lbs, plus loading/unloading fees, which comes to $520 including permit fees, and he/she can call the phone numbers in the listing to discuss details, such as preparation, payment, and scheduling etc. He/she then asked his/her $ 0.99 back, saying he/she found someone else who would do transaction within eBay to transport the boat, and turned around left me a negative feedback.

"Misleading ad with no price transparency. Awful experience. Not how Ebay works."

"Misleading", "no price transparency"? I did not even advertise any pricing in the ad, I am expecting people with interests call. It's a simple ad, boats coming in different sizes, shapes, with or without trailers, there's no universal pricing to cover it all. It's an obvious lie about "found someone else who would do transaction within eBay to transport the boat". Every similar AD is running the same way, it's just impossible to price the exact shipping cost with eBay format.

"Awful experience"? You've got to be kidding, I only exchanged a few eBay messages with this person and as I always am, I am polite, accurate and courteous. I encouraged him/her to call the phone numbers listed but of course nobody called. I kind of had a feeling from the beginning the only purpose of this eBay member click "Buy It Now" is to leave negative feedback just from the way he/she asking questions. There's nobody this unintelligent or lacking of common sense thinking you can pay $0.99 to ship anything from anywhere for whatever distance. He/she could be a competitor or something, and no wonder his/her feedback is kept private.

Do I have any, any at all, chance to call eBay to somehow get rid of my only Neg feedback? I am good eBay with excellent feedback history, I mean before this ridiculous one. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

The vehicle shipping category is messed up. Ebay has it set up like it

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Ill try this again.

Vehicle shipping category listings are set up like they are for a tangible item. That's wrong. Shipping services should probably be in classifieds if there is a category for it.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply