cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Transporter to take Pick up Truck CA to Kentucky... Any recommendations?

I sold a pick up truck on ebay listed as local pickup but buyer could make their own arrangement.  So now buyer wants me to find shippers.  I said all I would do is post something in the community for recommendations.   I am in the Sac area of Northern California and buyer is in Kentucky.  Any help is great.  How would I go about cancelling should buyer not find any transport company.  Thanks.  

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Looking for Transporter to take Pick up Truck CA to Kentucky... Any recommendations?

Have you been paid?

Buyer can easily Google "auto shipping". 

You do the arranging, something goes wrong, buyer will blame you. That isn't right. 

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

What the Canadian dude above, says.

Don't evenget REMOTELT involved with the shipping arrangements, other than to tell the buyer to have the shipper contact you to arrange a convenient time/place for pick-up of the pick-up.

And if the buyer is so cluelss, he's probably going to be shocked when he sees how much they'll want to ship a pick-up from the left coast to KY. -especially if he's in an out-of-the-way part of KY, like me! (I couldn't find anyone to ship an Excursion from NJ to KY for less than $1000....thank goodness my friend, whom I was buying it from, delivered it! I'll bet they'd want close to $2K from CA. if it's a full-size P/U)

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

Thanks for your note.  I would NEVER give a buyer a quote on a vehicle and they have had several days to do some searching.   I just thought I might be nice since the buyer is a new ebayer and see if folks had any company names.  Seems they go in and out of business quickly.  I don't list many vehicles on ebay in fact not much more at all lately.    I think this one will end in a cancellation and time to seek out a FB group.   DB

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

No I told the buyer to wait on any payment.  Sneaky feeling this will end in a cancelled transaction.  I listed it with cash due on pickup.    Thanks for your response.  DB

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

It's VERY hard to find a good (and reliable) shipper. Like you said, most of 'em aren't around long (Or rather, they keep changing their names so as to shake their bad reputations/legal troubles).

We all (i.e. many of us on this board) used to use Dieselgal.com (a.k.a. Ray's Auto Transporters of MD) but I don't know if they handle stuff from out west. Might want to give them a call though, and if they can't do it, maybe they can recommend someone. They are the ONLY reliable shipper I've ever dealt with- and very reasonably priced, too. Due to some health problems with them though, I think it's been hit or miss as to whether they're currently working.

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

This $900 jem? http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Dodge-Power-Wagon-/352133244015?hash=item51fcc6e46f%3Ag%3AuN0AAOSwXfBZh...  And you stated $10 for the depost? Should at least be a couple hundred or people will be wasting your time like the winning bidder is. No way he is going to complete the deal when he gets a 1,500 to $2,000 shipping quote on an inop vehicle.

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

Ahh! Nothing brings out the dreamers like a cheap old pick-up!

(Hey OP, you know, putting "Little Red Express" in the title could be considered key-word spamming and misrepresentation....)

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

I HATE when buyers do that.

I tell them simply that I can not decide the best shipper for them.  If they dont know one, U-ship.com is a great place to start.  Otherwise, you'd be happy to cancel!

It is NOT your job to find a shipper.  Dont let them lay that on you

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

@legitimate_bidder

It is my understanding that Rays of MD is no longer in business.  I went to use them earlier this year when I need to transport a vette from MD to NC and I was told they are not in business.

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

@autopartspuller wrote:

@legitimate_bidder

It is my understanding that Rays of MD is no longer in business.  I went to use them earlier this year when I need to transport a vette from MD to NC and I was told they are not in business.

Darn! They were the only transporters I'd ever use- cheap and reliable...and fast!

Thanks for the info.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

I remember quite a few recommendations for Diesel Gal. Is she still in business?

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

@jr-41ford wrote:

I remember quite a few recommendations for Diesel Gal. Is she still in business?

Not according to Autopartspuller... Dieselgal is (was?) Ray's Auto Transporters.

I had spoken to Dieselgal (Jane) a little over a year ago. She had said that she wasn't taking bookings at the time due to health issues, but that she was going to start back up in a month or so. I hope she didn't croak! 😮 

Darn! I don't have a clue now, who to use or recommend!

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

Why not call if the number is still good? http://www.transportrankings.com/Rays-Car-Shipping-Storage.html

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

@legitimate_bidder wrote:

@jr-41ford wrote:

Not according to Autopartspuller... Dieselgal is (was?) Ray's Auto Transporters.

I had spoken to Dieselgal (Jane) a little over a year ago. She had said that she wasn't taking bookings at the time due to health issues, but that she was going to start back up in a month or so. I hope she didn't croak! 😮 

Darn! I don't have a clue now, who to use or recommend!

If I am wrong, I would be happy to know as I transport a lot around the MD/VA area.  I had never used them before but, got the recommendation/ Website & phone.  When I called, I actually talked to a gentleman (I dont remember his name) who said she wasn't doing transports anymore.  So, I checked the website and it was down... so as far as I know she isn't.  I was definately disappointed because, as said by others, it's hard to find a good long distance transport and a reasonable price and every penny spent on hauling hits my overall profit margin.

Message 15 of 32
latest reply