cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chitty chitty bang bang

Driving over to the Safeway, few days ago, the ole girl, '03 Grand Prix, just starts a shimy and shaking. Nursed her home. 

Some MAP, MAF, sensor has failed. It is -45C here. Y'all know what -45C is like? I did not think so. 

I am not chasing my skanky patootie around the garage in this weather. I have Melvin II for getting around in. I will take in to Bruce to fix. He won't call when it is done, so, I will send his partner an email asking if they sold my car. 

It is a 45 minute round trip walk to the grocery store and liquor store. 

I am too old.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Chitty chitty bang bang

Didn't you move to southern Canada? Drove over to the supermarket this evening in the ole Ranger. It's 35F here. Y'all know what 35F is like? I thought so. Store is less than a mile away so I rode without any heat. Brrrr.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Chitty chitty bang bang

I hope you don't leave home without yer longhandles. When the temperature is 100 degrees F, does yer blood weep out of yer pores?

-45 C is just too cold!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Chitty chitty bang bang

I moved south, couldn't stand it, moved back. I missed my flesh freezing in nano-seconds.

Left the car in a snowbank, went out today, lights, camera, not even a click, interior lights dimmed to nothing. I do not know how old the battery is, at least three years. Went looking looking for the PO as he owns an auto shoppe in town. Really. He was off.

Come home, pry off a cap.

What does it mean when the battery acid is hard enough to skate on?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Chitty chitty bang bang

Take the battery out, stick it in the microwave a few minutes.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Chitty chitty bang bang

I totally, completely, 100% forgot about that. Lemme just clear my Jr Science Meth Lab Kit out of the way.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Chitty chitty bang bang

Ya ever try to get the battery out of an '03 Grand Prix? The rad cap has to come off. Talk about down a rabbit hole. 

Took it in, traded for the new one, guy snickers and says "23rd battery I have sold today". This is in a town of 8200, with about six other places selling batteries. -45C will do that.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply