cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car buyer not responding to emails

Sold a vehicle on 30/4/2018 & buyer is not responding to contact. Tried contacting eBay with no success, just keeps passing me from page to page and now I have a bill for the sale !!!!

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Car buyer not responding to emails

Auto sales and real estate sales on ebay are non binding the high bidder can just walk away for any reason . Google that information and you will find the answer . If you give the buyer a negative he can have it removed for any reason (changed his mind) whatever . Relist your car and hope the next buyer comes to purchase it .

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

What about the fees I’ve been charged ?

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

If enough time has elapsed (I think it's 4 days) file a non-paying bidder dispute (Go to My Ebay->account->resolution center) and after a week if the deadbeat hasn't paid, you can close out the case (Don't forget to do that!) and you will get a credit for your fee.

Motors deals are "non-binding" only in the sense that Ebay can't force a bidder to pay, or a seller to sell.....but bidders still get a non-paying bidder strike, and sellers who refuse to sell still get a non-performing seller strike.

In the future, I would recommend listing any vehicle only as a fixed-price listing, with "immediate deposit required" [check the little box on the listing form) so that recreational bidders can't end your ad- they'll have to pay the deposit in order to end the listing.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for the info 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Nothing showing as sold under your user id. Sure you sold it on Ebay?

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Eh...yes

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Ati. Markpeters is in the UK.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I know. Nothing for completed listing on ebay uk.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Could be a conspiracy.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Must be the wedding.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Well, I can't see that Fiat, in your completed.

Same thing I guess.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

It's https://www.ebay.com/itm/152995194608 but I guess you can't search on ended listings unless they sold? They don't want you to buy it on the side.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I can see the rest of your completed, unsold, not the car.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Well, now I really do not understand as all you have excluded is Africa. I can see other completed US listings "US only", not yours. You are doing something that is restricting car visibility to the US, only.

I can see both sold and not sold, not yours.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply