cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking the seller a question before purchase?

Has Ebay removed the "Ask seller a Question" feature on Ebay Motors?It used to be at the bottom of listing.???Cant find it on car listings.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Asking the seller a question before purchase?

Upper right under Seller Information.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I see NO seller info or any place to ask a question...Cant buy it till I find the info I'm looking for...another lost sale...No seller information on top right as ststed

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Look in the Seller information box at the upper right in the listing for CONTACT SELLER.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

On my computer there is no box like that. One has to click on the user name or feedback number first, which brings up a new page which does contain the "contact seller" link. 

This is ridiculous, as how would a new buyer know to do that?? Lots of people have been confused by this change which is not a good one. Just the simple Ask Seller a Question makes a lot more sense. And keeping it right on the listing page makes even more sense, rather than burying it on another page. SMH at the change for the sake of change.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

Not it's not.

Not anymore.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

It is NOT there anymore.

Nor is the link that use to say "Contact Seller"

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Post a link to the listing and I'll take a look.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

As mentioned above, click on the user ID of the person you want to ask a question. Off to the right will be a link to contact seller.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

It is possible for the seller to choose to not take questions. Why a seller would do that is beyond me but a seller can select that option.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Yes that used to be the case.  But since Ebay deleted the "Ask Seller A Question" link, I wonder if everybody can now ask the seller a question by clicking the contact seller link after clicking on their user ID. That page has always had the ability to contact the seller. So who knows? Ebay is always changing things for the sake of change. They should be fixing broken things rather than just moving the cheese. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I have found that when I first boot up or after running CCleaner to clear the cache and cookies I have access to the Ask A Seller box in the top right of the page for one time only.

After that one time I have to ask a question going through the sellers feedback.

At least as a consolation when asking through feedback the question is about the item that's on the page at that time.

Using Firefox 48 on Windows 8.1.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

It moves around!

It used to be right next to the price, then it was next to the bid button, then it moved all the way to the bottom, like you mentioned.. and a couple days ago I scrolled down to find it and couldn't, and gave up looking because I was in a hurry.

I ended up not contacting the seller, and not bidding on the item.. because I wasn't sure about something and eBay hid the button again so I couldn't ask. But apparently it's been located again.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Seems to be working on my listings because I'm fielding  Gang of questions right now!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply