cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

03 Envoy

Hello you all. Long time since i posted here.I have a new project.I got an 03 G.M.C. envoy to surprize my wife with since hers has close to 300,000 miles on it.This one is the same color and clean as a whistle in side and out and with only 170, 000 miles on it.Now the problem.The motor spins over but wont start.If was an old car like i am used to working on i would know what to look for , but i am not sure on this envoy.Any ideas?It was so clean i couldnt pass it up.Thanks Bruce.

Message 1 of 276
latest reply
275 REPLIES 275

03 Envoy

Rip all the electronics out of the engine compartment and the fuel injection system, replace with a standard distributor, carburetor and intake manifold.

I sure felt like that a few times on one of my old cars with factory Ford FI. I'm actually thinking of installing a Holley Sniper manifold and FI system on that 5.0 HO engine.

Message 271 of 276
latest reply

03 Envoy

Mike i replace that too.Thanks Bruce.

Message 272 of 276
latest reply

03 Envoy

J.R. believe me if i knew how i would.I wont give up the body is too nice on it to part it out.Thanks Bruce.

Message 273 of 276
latest reply

03 Envoy

Well the Envoy is still sitting pretty and sitting in the yard. I disconected the front exhaust pipe because 1 fellow said it could be a clogged Cat. converter.Now when i spin it over i can hear it going puff, puff. puff, while turning over.I am wondering if she jumped timing????Bruce.

Message 274 of 276
latest reply

03 Envoy

Yes i got a bad feeling this envoy has jumped timing, even though the machanic they were good for 300,000 miles.I watched a you tube on it and what a nightmare it is to do.I done many timechain jobs over the years but, on the envoy you have to rip the whole front of the motor apart and drop the oil pan just to get to 1 bolt that holds the oil pump on and to drop the oil pan you have to remove the whole left side suspension.I think it going to be yard art and a parts car for Teresa envoy which just hit 300,000 miles.Bruce.

Message 275 of 276
latest reply

03 Envoy

Yup the envoy jumped timimg.SOLD it yesterday to some one who wanted to fix it.Bruce.

Message 276 of 276
latest reply