cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

03 Envoy

Hello you all. Long time since i posted here.I have a new project.I got an 03 G.M.C. envoy to surprize my wife with since hers has close to 300,000 miles on it.This one is the same color and clean as a whistle in side and out and with only 170, 000 miles on it.Now the problem.The motor spins over but wont start.If was an old car like i am used to working on i would know what to look for , but i am not sure on this envoy.Any ideas?It was so clean i couldnt pass it up.Thanks Bruce.

Message 1 of 276
latest reply
275 REPLIES 275

03 Envoy

Hi  guys seems like every one in our family has had car problems this week and are bringing them to me.Last thursday i serviced my Dodge P.U. and did a trans service on it. Friday my mother in law wanted her truck worked on. Sat Justins truck need a service and i found a bad C.V. joint on it he pulled it out but must of hit the seal because after i put the new C.V . joint in you can see where the rubber on the seal is pulled out and dripping.He going to come up to night and replace it .I told him i was done working on it.Sunday Teresas envoy needed serviceing and i swap the seats around with the non running envoys seats.So today i had the non running envoy back in the shop.I am trying to find out how to get to the fuel injectors to see if they are getting a pluse to fire.Problem is there is a big black box over them and i cant seem to find out how to remove it.I goggled it and tried you tube and no one has any information how to remove it so i am again at a stand still with the envoy.Do any  body here know how to remove the black box to get at the fuel injectors? Thanks Bruce. P.S i also pulled the Buick wagon in and stripped another pannel of its faded wood grain.Just 1 more door to go.

Message 241 of 276
latest reply

03 Envoy

Should of gave you the Chevy Equinox Bruce, but traded it in last night for Jean's new Subaru. Was very happy to get rid of that car, nothing wrong with it mechanically, just had the worst blindspots of any car I've driven. It was a 2015, base model with 25K miles.

Bruce... buy a Ford!

Message 242 of 276
latest reply

03 Envoy

Well,J.R. Thanks for thinking about me.Now if i can only figure how that black box comes off the envoy so i can get to the fuel injectors.Bruce.

Message 243 of 276
latest reply

03 Envoy

I am still trying to get that black box off the motor so i can get to the fuel injectors on the 02 envoy i am working on.Some people says its just snaps off others say it bolted on.I cant see either.Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Bruce.

Message 244 of 276
latest reply

03 Envoy

Hot wrench!

Message 245 of 276
latest reply

03 Envoy

I am still working on that 02 envoy.I have gas, i have spark .I need to see if the fuel injectors are getting a pluse.I still am trying to get the ovel box off next to the air box.I can see 1 bolt but its inpossable to get to.Since the fuel fitler was totally clogged i am thinking the problem might be with the fuel injectors.I just cant get to them.Bruce.

Message 246 of 276
latest reply

03 Envoy

I believe that cover is part of the intake manifold.  Your going to have to remove the intake manifold to access the fuel rail and injectors.

Message 248 of 276
latest reply

03 Envoy

Here is GM's intake manifold removal proceedure for your Envoy.

Document ID: 734378

Intake Manifold Replacement
Removal Procedure
    1. Disconnect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection.
    2. Relieve the fuel pressure. Refer to Fuel Pressure Relief.
    3. Remove the throttle body. Refer to Throttle Body Assembly Replacement.

Object ID: 1284769Click here for detailed picture of the image.
    1. Remove the powertrain control module (PCM) retaining bolts (3) and nuts (6).
    2. Remove the PCM mounting studs (5) and position the PCM out of the way.
Object ID: 1288027Click here for detailed picture of the image.
    1. Disconnect the engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor electrical connector (1).
Object ID: 730718Click here for detailed picture of the image.
    1. Disconnect the fuel feed (1) and fuel return (2) pipes from the fuel rail. Refer to Metal Collar Quick Connect Fitting Service.
    2. Disconnect the integral clip (3) from the wire harness bracket.
Object ID: 1348786Click here for detailed picture of the image.
    1. Remove the engine wire harness bracket bolt.
    2. Position the engine electrical wire harness bracket with wires attached out of the way.
Object ID: 732831Click here for detailed picture of the image.
    1. Disconnect the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor electrical connector.
Object ID: 637635Click here for detailed picture of the image.
    1. Disconnect the crankcase ventilation hose from the intake manifold.
Object ID: 748028Click here for detailed picture of the image.
    1. Disconnect the vacuum brake booster hose at the intake manifold.
    2. Remove the generator. Refer to Generator Replacement.

Object ID: 637631Click here for detailed picture of the image.

Important: The intake manifold bolts are captured within the intake manifold. Do not attempt to remove the bolts from the intake manifold.

1. Loosen the intake manifold bolts.
  2. Remove the intake manifold.
Message 249 of 276
latest reply

03 Envoy

I believe he has gone fishing.
Message 250 of 276
latest reply

03 Envoy

Most everybody here on vacation?

Message 251 of 276
latest reply

03 Envoy

Thanks chevyparts guy but the pictures didnt come thru.Bruce.

Message 252 of 276
latest reply

03 Envoy

Ebay didn't like them and removed them. They were just stick figure illustrations from GM's Service Information catalog. Not very helpful.
Message 253 of 276
latest reply

03 Envoy

@atikovi
I think LB has the right idea. I should join him, talk cars, trucks, tractors, and stuff, sit there, drink lemonade. Tell lies.

Message 254 of 276
latest reply

03 Envoy

@tony1963 wrote:

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/equinox/2015/

What's with link, I don't own an Equinox?

Message 255 of 276
latest reply