cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microtrains State Cars

crazyd37
Enthusiast
Just wondering if anyone else in our group is collecting the Microtrains State Cars and what they think of them. Dot
Message 1 of 236
latest reply
235 REPLIES 235

Re: Microtrains State Cars

untabubba
Enthusiast
......So does that make you an Ottoman, Bedhead Fred?!? ]:) Marc 😉
Message 226 of 236
latest reply

janesew
Enthusiast
More like Otto, man, from the Simpsons. F <---Dude
Message 227 of 236
latest reply

g-pa1
Enthusiast
What Pot - never touch the stuff but now pans I can clean pans and as far as stirring - only the lime in the Gin and Tonic needs stirring. (my summer drink) Gene
Message 228 of 236
latest reply

Turner has ruined some great films. I have seen Casablanca in B&W and colorized by Turner. My dearest wife Kimmers always reminds me of Ilsa in B&W. I love them both. Although "Casa" is color and Kimmmers is also color, I prefer the B&W. The shadows make the scene in this an many other movies. Bob, more than "ouch" it's "leave it alone"! Some things are not meant to be changed or followed by a sequel. B-) & :x
Message 229 of 236
latest reply

As a one step above amature photographer, black and white is set up completely different than color .. that goes for movies also. Lighting is different and emphasis changes. Turner has upscrewed way too many classic films, in my eye, with his paint by numbers.
Message 230 of 236
latest reply

janesew
Enthusiast
What seems to happen in cases like this is the justification of "because I can"... rather than "because I should". Fortunately, the black and white versions of these movies still exist. Unfortunately, the rights to them are owned by Turner so they don't get broadcast very often (I assume). We also used to joke that Turner had bought rights to the Wizard of Oz and was going to colourize the first part. Yikes. Now, back to those State Cars... ...how about a collector series of the Ten Commandments? ...or the Presidents of the United States? ...or the flavours of Ben & Jerry's? ...or Elvis' #1 hits? ...or Punk's Femmes des jours? F 😛
Message 231 of 236
latest reply

Fred, If MT did the Ten Commandments, there wouldn't be enough issues to make it worthwhile. I mean, only 10? What would be the "add-ons"? The Beatitudes? As for the colorized films; ever notice how funny the mouths of the actors look? It always seems the inside of an open mouth when speaking is black or charcoal in color. Not even a hint of a pinkish tongue etc. There is another MT series for you.... Turner Colorized Movies B-) & :x
Message 232 of 236
latest reply

Y'all, I think they should do a set for the NASCAR GREATS. Enjoy the day !!!!!! Bill in "mild" Phoenix
Message 233 of 236
latest reply

janesew
Enthusiast
Well, there ain't that many provinces either y'know. Actually we could just make up some more commandments and say we found 'em on some ancient scrolls in the Egyptian desert. Though shalt not drive slower than the speed limit in the passing lane. Thou shalt not eat trans fat. Thou shalt not Kill... Oh, wait, we already got that one. Just seems like some of us conveniently forget that one in particular. F (I bet the Nascar ones would be very popular. Maybe get some of the model car collectors hooked on trains!)
Message 234 of 236
latest reply

crazyd37
Enthusiast

"Microtrains State Cars" may not sound like your typical car wash near me, but our commitment to perfection ensures your vehicle receives top-notch treatment, from full-on polishing to meticulous interior and exterior details. Discover how we stand out from the rest.

Message 236 of 236
latest reply