cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Offer declined" notifications -- STOP THIS! HELP!

I'm a seller. Sometimes I use the phone app to send offers to potential buyers who are watching my listings. The offers are good for a day or two.

Yesterday I started getting notifications and emails when an offer that I had sent potential buyers expired. Worse, the cash register sound on my phone goes off when this happens.

STOP THIS! This is terrible! I don't want emails simply to tell me that an offer I sent a potential buyer has expired. And I certainly don't want "cha-ching" notifications when this happens! 

I've gone through all the notification settings, including the ones for Best Offers, but nothing really applies. I don't see a way to turn this new problem OFF. 

PLEASE HELP!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: "Offer declined" notifications -- STOP THIS! HELP!

To stop the notifications stop making offer's to your watchers. People put things on their watch list for several reasons and not always to buy. If they want the item they can make an offer to you, even if you don't have offers in your ad. When I get an offer on something on my watch list I can't decline it, so it comes off of the list. I hate all the notifications that someone made me an offer on something I'm watching.

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I think eBay just started doing this because today was the 1st time I've EVER gotten a cha-ching for a declined offer,It's ridiculous to add something like this,However I will take your advice & NEVER again make an offer to customers. 😉  Thanks 🙂

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Ridiculous really.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Is that in addition to the two or more emails they send out?   "They declined your counteroffer "sent in quadruplicate to every email address I have.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You can turn off getting offers from sellers in your settings. I've had good success sending offers to watchers. 

However, getting multiple messages of a declined offer plus the cha-ching notification is totally ridiculous. Especially the cha-ching which notifies of a Sale.

😕

Cecily
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@cecilyalexander wrote:

You can turn off getting offers from sellers in your settings. I've had good success sending offers to watchers. 

Tried that, it won't let me block offer's or ad's from information from my searches.

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@divwido @danny1376 @iowa_east_coast @cecilyalexander @mankyboo2 

Thanks for all the feedback. These notifications should be turned off now.

Please continue to use the community to post any problems you see with the apps.

Thanks

Message 8 of 8
latest reply