cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app upgrade, older versions no longer supported

If you have been notified to update your eBay app, here are the steps to take to get the latest version onto your device. You need to have iOS 14 or higher to get the latest version from the Apple App Store 

• Open the App Store app on your device 
  • Search for eBay app in the App Store 
  • Select ‘Update’ button next to the eBay app title  

Link to Apple App Store: 

https://apps.apple.com/cg/app/ebay-buy-sell-and-save-money/id282614216

iOS 12 - If your device is running iOS 12 you might be able to install an older version from the App Store 

• Delete the ebay app from the device
  • Open the app store app
  • Tap account button
  • Tap Purchased
  • Scroll to the eBay app and tap the cloud and down arrow icon

If your device cannot be upgraded to iOS 12 you can use the Safari browser to access ebay.

Thank you and let us know if you have any troubles getting these updates to work.

Message 4 of 225
latest reply
224 REPLIES 224

Re: iOS app no longer supported on older systems

I am having the same problem..... does any one know fow to fix eBay for iPad?

Message 151 of 225
latest reply

Making the app on older devices useless isnot clever .What eBay is doing to customers witch are using older devices, with older operating systems installed on them is blackmailing.!!!. EBAY MUST REMEMBER THE SAYING : "DONT BITE IN THE HAND WITCH IS FEEDING YOU !!!."
Ebay lives from the effort of their customers and business people.
WW.
Message 152 of 225
latest reply

Would it have been that difficult to keep a version of the app that runs on iOS 10? 

Ive got 3 ipads n the house running this and can no longer use eBay! 

Am am I supposed to go and buy new iPads? 

I know I can use the web version but that defeats the idea of having an iPad. 

More annoying is i can see the app working behind the message saying its expired! 

Can an you remove the message and let us continue using the app?

Message 153 of 225
latest reply

i have an iphone 5 and ios 10.3.4 and I am requesting Ebay to please fix their app so i can use my iphone and buy millions of dollars of items!  I have lots of friends who also want to buy millions of dollars of items with their iphone 5 and they are so upset!  I also have friends with kindles and ipads that dont work on ebay anymore and some are very very upset.

Message 154 of 225
latest reply

You guys suck! I'll just find another site to buy and sell. Not spending hundreds to purchase newer iPad when my old one works perfectly foe everything else. Not that you care.......
Message 155 of 225
latest reply

I am running 10.3.3 app still does not work, and will not update.

Message 156 of 225
latest reply

Nice one, that's one way to loose customers, what a joke.

Message 157 of 225
latest reply

Thanks for letting me know after 2 weeks of trying to get my app to work, I had to google that you no longer support older Apple phones. This lack of support is the final straw that broke the camel's back for me. I've chosen to not support you, deleting all my selling items and to stop purchasing from eBay all together. 

Message 158 of 225
latest reply

Dear eBay: older software works better with older hardware is all I'm going to say. Fix it.

Look at Amazon. They did the same thing then you copied them days later I noticed, but yet their app still works. They got you beat.

Message 159 of 225
latest reply

Amazon and Facebook recognise that there is still a significant user population on iOS 9.3.6 and support it admirably. I personally do not see why I should replace a tablet that works great for what I need it to do.

I'm not keen on using eBay through the browser. The app interface is good for me.  iPhone is too small.

I wish you (eBay) would reconsider!

Message 160 of 225
latest reply

If I can't use the app I won't use eBay ... amazon from now on .... shame on you eBay 

Message 161 of 225
latest reply

So angry eBay have done this whilst in lockdown, I'm moving to Amazon for my purchases, their iPad 4 iOS10 runs just fine.

Message 162 of 225
latest reply

Shame on you eBay. Not only your customer service is terrible, this lattes move of you have make me hate you more. I lost so much money with your scams and with the whole "all the customer have to say is that the item was defective and the keep the item and the money" that I'm looking forward to dump you like a bad habit on New Year's Day. STOP SCREWING PEOPE OVER!!
Message 163 of 225
latest reply

I think this is disgusting for ebay to do this to general public. And we should all stop using them and go amazon instead teach them a lesson and cost them fortune in losses just like trying to cost us fortune in new iPads not any more

Message 164 of 225
latest reply

what a joke. my app was working and they decide i cant just use the older app
Message 165 of 225
latest reply