cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watched items disappear randomly

I'm watching like 4 items and about once a week, they randomly disappear from my watch list. I'm not sure what causes it. They aren't auctions that ended (since they're not in the Ended list). I noticed this happens when I'm on mobile (iPad app). 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Watched items disappear randomly

Are the items still listed? Are the sellers still registered?

If eBay removes a listing from the site, that would certainly also remove it from your Watch List.

Or do you mean the items all disappear at once? If that happens, try reloading the list by swiping down the screen, or restarting the eBay app, or signing out and signing back in.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I end listings all the time in my store, which are all fixed listings to begin with. I would expect that if someone had it on their watched list it would then disappear and not show up under ended, because it didn't end in a sale. I've also received messages asking about the listing from someone who was watching and undecided. My rule is first come, first served....

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

The listings aren't removed from eBay. They're active, I just search for the items again and re-add them to my watch list. They all disappear at once. One day I have 4 items watched, next day they're all gone. Happened twice this week. I've tried swiping down to refresh the view, closing the app from the switcher and they don't reappear in my watch list unless I watch them again. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

The listings weren't ended. A few were auctions that are active when I searched for them again. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

The listings aren't removed from eBay. They're active, I just search for the items again and re-add them to my watch list. They all disappear at once. One day I have 4 items watched, next day they're all gone.

Two possibilities I can think of that might account for an empty Watch List on a mobile device:

One is by signing in to a completely different eBay account on your mobile device. Of course, once you add the items to your Watch List on that account, the problem should not happen again, so that would not explain the problem repeating.

If you accidentally deleted all the items on your Watch List, that might account for it. It is possible to select all the items on the list by checking a box at the top of the page when using a desktop browser and then delete them at once. However it is not as easy to delete all the items on the Watch List using the eBay app.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

No, I only have one account and I'm not signing in and out of it. And I didn't remove allvmy watched items twice. Now that I think about it, it might have happened after an iOS update. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I'm having the same problem. It started on December 4th.  This is happening in both of my accounts. It has been anywhere from 4 to 8 items at a time just disappearing from my watch list in both accounts. I have lots of items saved in my watch list in both accounts and so I was only able to remember a few missing items. I looked them up and added them back to my watch lists. After a few days of this continuing to happen I created a new custom list in both accounts that is a back up of my watch lists. I also copied and pasted the watch list from both accounts into microsoft word just in case items disappear from my back up list of them.

After a few days of this happening, I went through both watch lists and removed about 5 to 6 items at a time and added them back. I did that until I had all items removed and added back. That seemed to have worked until today when I had one item that dropped off from one watch list in one account and I had to add it back.

I wish they would fix this problem. There are others who are having the same issue.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Items-keep-disappearing-from-watch-list/m-...

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

yes, I have noticed this for a long time, and tonight there is a new twist in that one of my active items keeps ending up in the “ended items“ section, but I cannot find it in my watchlist if I search for it in my watchlist. Is definitely active because when I click on it in the ended items, it takes me to an active listing. And then suddenly it’ll be gone from the ended items and also from active items. It really makes it hard to want to trust the site When random weird things like this happen.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I have noticed very inconsistent behavior from the app, which is annoying because my phone is primarily what I use now. It is much more consistent when I use a browser to access Ebay.  But to do that, I need to get on a bigger screen.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply