cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage access.

Hello,

I am trying to return an item and want to upload pictures, however, the app tells me to change setting for it to have access to storage. I allowed access to camera and to storage on my Android phone, bit still getting the same message when trying to upload an image.

Any fix?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Storage access.

Click on Location, there is the Gallery option (scroll down) and carefully choose the options inside Gallery 😉

To all others bellow that have no answers to the topic, but comments about been the same, try to keep it with you from now on, since this behavior shows in messages to be a possible solution to whom initiates the question. Is time to grow smart and intelligent, leave behind that kid inside.
Message 31 of 43
latest reply

I've done that at least a dozen times. Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, selected permission. Nothing is working. 

Message 32 of 43
latest reply

Yep same problem here.  Only Camera and Location Location permissions show. Not Storage. 

They need to fix this asap.

Message 33 of 43
latest reply

20200510_225413.jpg

20200510_225253.jpg

 I don't know if anyone has caught this but the firmware version in the App store is different than the firmware version in my Galaxy S9+.  See red circles in screen shots. 

Message 34 of 43
latest reply

After the last update eBay quit showing in my permissions manager to allow permissions to storage and DCIM which is Digital Camera Images.. I cannot upload a picture.. I've gone to settings >privacy >permissions manager and eBay is not showing in the allowed or denied applications. I've had eBay downloaded on my phone for over 3 years and I still have the same phone that works perfectly.. it's something that happened in your last update.. please fix as this is annoying that I cannot alk of a sudden I can't upload pictures of a defective item on the eBay app… 

Message 35 of 43
latest reply

I have exactly the same issue, tried reinstalling ebay app and still the same.
Message 37 of 43
latest reply

That's exactly the same as mine, just shows camera and that doesn't work
Message 38 of 43
latest reply

Same issue here - is ebay fixing this ? Lord almighty I am stressing balls here
Message 39 of 43
latest reply

A negative review on the Playstore at least got me a response from them that they are looking into it. Haven't heard anything back in days.

Message 40 of 43
latest reply

I'm assuming this is a new problem with a new update because until now, there was never any issue with asking me to give eBay permission to access storage to upload pictures. I haven't changed any of the settings and the only thing that has happened is probably an automatic update that occurred.when I look at the list to give it permission the only thing it shows me to give it permission to is the camera which I have. Storage doesn't even show up in the list of permissions to give. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 plus. I am a seller and have often uploaded photos with no issues until today.very frustrating I don't know what to do and how to fix it since storage doesn't even show up in the list as I stated.
Message 41 of 43
latest reply

@tmannin2 @auctionmaniak3no5 @reds_adk_rustics @elk_321 @hecticdeals 

Thank you for all the reports. Please update to the newest update and this should be working better.

Message 42 of 43
latest reply

Fixed with newest app update.

Message 43 of 43
latest reply