cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search filters not working since update

Since my android ebay app updated on the 22nd April. Whenever I start a new search or used a saved search, it will only show me results for a little bit then I'll start seeing all sizes thrown in even though the filter is still in place?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Ebay app advanced search/filter bringing up random items and sizes

@wally_cupcake wrote:

Since my android ebay app updated on the 22nd April. Whenever I start a new search or used a saved search, it will only show me results for a little bit then I'll start seeing all sizes thrown in even though the filter is still in place?

Thank you for the report. We are looking into this.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I'm getting exactly the same. Searching for specific clothing (I filter size, brand location, etc in detail), but it is bringing up random items, brands, sizes and items which have nothing to do with what I'm looking for. It's making searches impossible! @ebay.com

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

My ebay android app filter option doesn't seem to be working correctly accurately. I'm used to searching for specific items for example under clothes shoes and accessories. I will filter the exact sizes, brands, UK only and price lowtohigh

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Sorry. The app posted before I managed to type everything!. I filter all of my results in the advanced search on the right and it still brings totally random items of different brands, makes, 5x sizes too big in totally different styles/colours and patterns. It's nothing I've missed or done incorrectly. I've tried deleting my search history, deleting the app etc with no luck. It's really frustrating as I can't search for anything in any catagory without trawling through hundreds of random unspecific to me items. I know a few others have posted about this problem to. I have the latest update, but still not working unfortunately @ebay.com please resolve asap
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@zoe.adele wrote:
Sorry. The app posted before I managed to type everything!. I filter all of my results in the advanced search on the right and it still brings totally random items of different brands, makes, 5x sizes too big in totally different styles/colours and patterns. It's nothing I've missed or done incorrectly. I've tried deleting my search history, deleting the app etc with no luck. It's really frustrating as I can't search for anything in any catagory without trawling through hundreds of random unspecific to me items. I know a few others have posted about this problem to. I have the latest update, but still not working unfortunately @ebay.com please resolve asap

Thanks for reporting this and the extra details. We are looking into this. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Same here.. search filters not working.. having to scroll through 1000 things that have nothing to do with my chosen search filter options. Getting fed up with this.

When I search for things in the UK only im getting US and EU items as well as China. New or used filter does exactly the same thing.. if you search used you will get new items from all over the world fill your search list.

Its a complete nightmare and becoming a total waste of my time looking on Ebay for the items I want at the moment. Amazon is quickly becoming my first choice.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

The searches are WRONG!  Ebay defaults to a category that best fits the item, based on what they believe is correct, well ebay you are not correct.  Time to let buyers and sellers choose how they want to search.  I have searched many items only to find a bunch of random stuff showing up.  Buyers are not finding what they want quickly.  Additionally items are showing up that have NO relevence to the item being searched.  

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Glad I found this as was going to start a new thread

Same for me when looking at football boots, You get so many items back of the stuff you want then next minute after scrolling down a bit everything comes up ..

Makes it unbearable at times on the app .. can't be bothered having to scroll through kids boots or wrong sizes to get what I want ...

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@odyssey_3 @nevamindaname 

Thanks for the reports. Are these for your saved searches or new searches? Are you changing the sort order?

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Hi these are for all new searches for a variety of different items, not saved searches. And yes I regularly change the order, from price low to high i'r even high to low with a maximum price or distance nearest etc. I also refine in detail as to size, brand, type of item, UK only etc. Thanks

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Hi,  these are with new searches. Never tried a saved one. Also it always happens after scrolling down a bit after using a search filter (price low to high, nearest first etc) and then you get a small "related items" but then after that you just get everything in the category ...

It's annoying when there's a long list where you can't see stuff in the middle .. just whatever is at each end of the search filter ...

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Same issues here, both saved searches and all other searches.  

Message 13 of 13
latest reply