cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved searches not working on Ebay app.

Haven't worked for over a month. Click on saved search and it just refreshes the saved search page. Saved searches work on Web page but not in app. Using Galaxy S5

Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Re: Saved searches not working on Ebay app.

Not sure if this has been noticed or address but the E bay website has the tab for "saved searches" which does work, and on the android app the click tab is "Following". Maybe that is the problem with the tabs not being the same. This is making me very upset I buy and sell glass for extra income and I use my app more my desktop. Please get this worked out I am losing money.
Message 16 of 61
latest reply

I do have a custom ROM on my phone, but I have been using it for 6+ months with no issues from the eBay app. I'm assuming something changed with an update to the app. Maybe I will try downloading an older release instead of from the google.play store.

I would also agree that other reports are probably not coming on due to ignorance. I waited over month before I finally got frustrated enough to sell out how to post for support.

Message 17 of 61
latest reply

As of today 10-3-2017 still having issues not being able to use my saved or saved searches or following or what E bay is calling it still. All that is happening is it just reloads with nothing changing.
Message 18 of 61
latest reply

I will get you that video tomorrow but how do I attach the file?
Message 19 of 61
latest reply

@wmstone88

Thanks for the report again. We are still unable to get the problem to happen on devices here. How many saved searches do you have on your account?

Message 20 of 61
latest reply

happened to me also, probably 2 or 3 months now... also using samsung 7.

All of my searches are music / records  category.

Like said above, the screen just refreshes with nothing changing.

Message 21 of 61
latest reply

Was hoping there would be an update on this. I'm sure it's not working for many other people. Mine is still not working, and I use this feature on a daily basis. I'm thankful the "feed" still works, so I can see my items, but I'd like to click them individually on my phone. Any word on a fix for this? It has worked for years, so it had to be something in a recent update.

Message 22 of 61
latest reply

@felixthecat86 @gresmi8

I am pretty sure one of you emailed us at androidhelp@ebay.com and I am having trouble finding the emails could you PM me here your email address or send another email so I can look through the email thread.

Thank you

Message 23 of 61
latest reply

FWIW, I had a search that would not work on Android and I traced that down to the exclusion list. I do not know whether it was too long, or (more likely) there was a seller name there the app was choking on, but I rebuilt the list, and the search is working now.
Message 24 of 61
latest reply

I had originated the message thread and had emailed back and forth with android help with the address gregory_d_smith at comcast dot net (I spelled out @ and . For the bots). My saved searches all of a sudden started working one night like a month ago. Didnt work at 9pm got up the next morning and they worked. There were no updates to my phone or the app overnight. Android help was scratching their head too. I moved on figuring everyone's problem was solved. Based on how that occurred, I reasoned the app wasn't the problem but rather there must be something on the server side that the app connects to that is the issue.

Message 25 of 61
latest reply

I'm having the same problem. My saved searches suddenly stopped working yesterday. I updated the eBay app (which didn't solve the problem) and uninstalled and reinstalled the app (which also didn't solve the problem). What's causing this?

Message 26 of 61
latest reply

@johnnybeatle @felixthecat86 @donfer

We are still looking into this problem and wondering if the app is still having troubles with your saved searches? 

Message 27 of 61
latest reply

Yup, still not working.

Message 28 of 61
latest reply

It's still not working.
Message 29 of 61
latest reply

I started having this issue a few days ago.  Eactly as described by the OP;  the dot no longer shows for new items and clicking a saved search just results in a refresh of the list of saved searches. 

Message 30 of 61
latest reply