cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved searches not working on Ebay app.

Haven't worked for over a month. Click on saved search and it just refreshes the saved search page. Saved searches work on Web page but not in app. Using Galaxy S5

Message 1 of 61
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Saved searches not working on Ebay app.

@johnnybeatle

This issue is fixed in the next update. If you would like to be in the beta program please email us at androidhelp@ebay.com and we can get you the next version before it is live.

Thanks

View Best Answer in original post

Message 40 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

@gresmi8

Thank you for the report. So you go to the list of saved searches in the app and you tap on one and the page you are on just reloads? Would it be possible to make a video of this happening?

Thanks

Message 2 of 61
latest reply

Yes. Maybe reload isn't the correct term. Refresh? When you click on a saved search in the app , the screen flashes and stays on the saved searches page and doesn't go to the search results. My saved sellers search works properly and shows the results. I don't know how to make and post a video so I don't think I can do that. The problem has been present for like a month. I would have posted prior but figured it would have been solved by now. I have seen other posts about this problem with the app. My saved searches work fine using a browser on a computer so I have to believerify it is an eBay app problem. I'm using Android 6.0.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S5 with AT&T as carrier. Same problem exists if I am on WiFi so I doubt the carrier is an issue.

Message 3 of 61
latest reply

I'm having the exact same issue. Also for a month. I click the title of a saved searche, the screen flashes, then it just goes back to my list of saved searches. I'm missing deals. It does not even show a blue dot by new items. It's been a month, and it's still broken. I've uninstalled and cleared all cache and files and reinstalled. Same issue.

Message 4 of 61
latest reply

@felixthecat86 @gresmi8

Thanks for the extra details. We are looking into this and getting a copy of your saved search will help in figuring this out. Could you go to a computer and click your saved search in the web browser. Then please copy the URL in the web browser and email it to androidhelp@ebay.com. 

Thank you

Message 5 of 61
latest reply

Ok. Might be a day before I can get in front of a computer to do that. To clarify, all saved searches from my online ebay account show up in my ebay app. I can create a saved search in the ebay app and it shows up on my online account. However no saved searches work on the app but all saved searches work on a browser. And that is true regardless of where I created them. Seems to me the app is the problem. Like the other user, I dot get the blue dots next to the saved search or phone notifications either for new items meeting my search criteria in the app.

Message 6 of 61
latest reply

@gresmi8

No problem, we were curious to see the link to check if it was related to certain categories. Could you try saving a basic search that is just a keyword with no filters on it and see if that one allows you to tap it?

Thanks

Message 7 of 61
latest reply

I'll email you mine.

Message 8 of 61
latest reply

Thought I would add one more data point. My wife has a Samsung Galaxy S7 with android 7.0 and my saved searches don't work on her ebay app either. Whatever the problem is, it seems to be across all android platforms/versions. Sales on ebay from the android version of the app must be way down! 

Message 9 of 61
latest reply

I can still scroll all the way down and see some of the results in a "summary" view at the very bottom. I just can't click a specific search and view it.

Message 10 of 61
latest reply

I get a "feed" below my saved searches that the ebay app thinks are related to what I am looking for but I don't get any search results. I am just dumbfounded that we are the only people complaining about this

Message 11 of 61
latest reply

@gresmi8 @felixthecat86

So far these are the only two reports we have had. Have you tried fully reinstalling the apps just to make sure it's nothing wrong with the install?

Thanks

Message 12 of 61
latest reply

I've reinstalled it twice. The second time I went through and manually deleted all the folders too.

Message 13 of 61
latest reply

@felixthecat86

Do you have a standard Android OS installed? Or anything custom? Trying to think of reasons of why this would be happening.

Message 14 of 61
latest reply

I've logged into my account across several android devices ( all standard OS nothing fancy) and the searches don't work in any. The lack of reports is probably just people not knowing how to report. I've reinstalled and updated the app several times since this began with no change in function. You can't replicate on an Android device? Save a search and see if you can get the app to work. Maybe it is the search filters I use- typically have saved search sort by newest listed across all categories.

Message 15 of 61
latest reply