cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replies to feedback not shown in app

Why aren’t feedback replies shown in the app? As more people use phone apps to browse and buy on eBay. Feedback is important to buyers however it is equally important to sellers and any negative feedback is likely followed up with a reply which cannot be seen in the app.   I had a bad experience with a buyer recently who left false statements in their feedback (I appealed with proof eBay said no to deletion, but that’s a story for another day). Alas, my reply to this feedback is important to renew confidence in buyers but it can’t be seen in the app only on the desktop site

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Replies to feedback not shown in app

It bugs me that the updated feedback interface doesn’t show what the correlating item was anymore, I didn’t even notice that you can’t view the response. You are completely right,  very important! 

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

I had a buyer throw a fit because his order was held up in customs in his country. He left a bad review because I asked him to close the case and  he refused to close it  after he could see the item was in transit and had just taken longer in customs and he claimed in the review that I was rude?? Complete bull. eBay refuses to remove it because of the apparent trigger word “rude” even tho the item was shipped on time and yes my reply to his falsified feedback doesn’t show up at all in the app. I made my own website on Wix a couple of years ago and have slowly but surely started to move my business over to the site. I also use Etsy now. Never leave your business or side hustle in eBay’s hands. Unless you like your finances being in a yo yo like state. 

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Yeah I don’t understand why it’s not on the app

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Feedback replies need to be shown in the app.  How does a buyer who left negative feedback know that the seller replied if they only use the e-bay app?  I doubt many people use a desktop for e-bay buying anymore.  I don't understand how e-bay can be so disconnected from their sellers' perspectives that they would not have noticed and fixed this by now.  I have 47 positive feedback instances in the last 12 months, but one buyer failed to read the size correctly, left negative feedback instead of contacting me, and my feedback rating went from 100 to 97.8 because of the one negative rating. E-bay isn't responsive in policing those negative comments, so they should at least let the seller's response be shown publicly -- or at least to the buyer who left the feedback.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

The app is so different then the P.C. when I was doing auctions on the Computer I was charged 5 to 10 cents each, if I do it bulk on the app I don't get charged,  which I shouldn't be getting charged anyway,  I have 250 free listings

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Ebay needs to get on board with improving the phone app, which is what most people use. Replies to feedback are worthless if buyers can't see them!!

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Not only replies, the comments are not even visible on app!!! As a buyer, I always read feedback comments!! This is a bad glitch!! We all buy on phone app now!

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Everyone seems to be having this happen, so far I have no problems 😊 

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Yes it's driving me crazy. Another thing I noticed is if the tracking or something was wrong but you still received product, it will not let you leave any feedback because it shows it isn't delivered even if it was. I just recently got a beautiful 1958 quarter but it doesn't show it was delivered so I can't leave the seller any feedback on how nice it is😔

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Hello.

I'm having issues with the app also. I'm very frustrated and confused...why is the app is so bad? It shouldn't be so hard for eBay to make the app function more like the regular website did/does...I can't view feedback, there is no option to view the original listing on the purchases tab, etc. All the same stuff that was/is on the website should be readily available in the app as well! Also, I really don't see the need for features like "eBay Live" etc...maybe it's just me, but I don't get the point of all the extra junk. Things are much better kept simple and user friendly. What is wrong with them? They really need to get their 💩 together! I feel your pain! 😫  Thanks for listening, I feel a bit better now 🙂 Have a good day.

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

i also don’t understand this. i’m a fairly new ebay seller and i had someone buy an item that was already sold to someone else. i messaged the seller and explained this and said i’d need to refund them.. which i did.when they received the refund THEY GAVE ME A BAD REVIEW SAYING I NEVER SENT THE GAME. i communicated to them very clearly, TWO TIMES. to which they never responded. i’m furious and i left feedback response AND ITS NOT VISIBLE. i’m worried my ebay reputation will be tarnished.. ebay needs to make the responses visible on mobile, not just the app but the mobile website. i don’t want people to think i’m an untrustworthy seller seeing as it’s currently my only review as a seller!!

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Yea this is crazy! What are they trying to do by doing this. I'm tired of sensitive and eager people clicking a negative button and we don't even have a shield for it. I don't know anyone trying to use ebay on PC.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

It’s not shown in the app, because eBay is a dumpster fire that favors buyers. They do not care about sellers.  They care about making money. Just like every other big corporation in this country.  A buyer can literally do basically whatever they want and scam sellers left and right. Whereas the seller has to walk a tight rope.  eBay was great back in 1999 when I had my original account but these days it’s awful

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

I completely agree and the fees they are charging sellers is ridiculous. They have lost me as a buyer and seller and been on eBay since 2000 with 100% positive feedback rating. The app is horrible now as well.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply