cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 5.27.5 update deleting my description

New 5.27.5 update deleting my item description and automatically entering some random description. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@murdockzr2 wrote:

New 5.27.5 update deleting my item description and automatically entering some random description. 

Thanks for the report. Could you post some screen shots of the random descriptions you are seeing.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I’m getting the same thing, you fill in your description only to find that it has been removed and replaced with the title of your listing and the postage options.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@dj-no wrote:

I’m getting the same thing, you fill in your description only to find that it has been removed and replaced with the title of your listing and the postage options.

Thanks for the report. Can you please post a screen shot showing this, it will help us troubleshoot.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Going a bit off topic but this happened to me today. I created a draft in the website, spent ages doing the description as I like to format, and saved. Then went into the app to do the specifics as it’s mikes faster there. When I went back to the website it had removed my description and input that description which is the item title, condition and postage.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yep same here!

up to my third time writing the description.

if you make any changes to any part of your listing title or postage it auto-fills the description with the basic default even if you have made your own description before that point.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I don’t understand why the ebay app developers have mucked about and thought it was a good idea to automatically put in a description for us. THIS is what has caused the problem, It wasn’t there before this silly addition of theirs.

My description is hardly EVER like the item title word for word ..the item title includes a lot of keywords. I would like to write MY OWN description thank you very much as I really do know better than a machine of what I want to say

And I also know better than Ebay on how to price my items....the most ridiculous suggestions come up when you use buy it now to list...oh....ebay suggest I do a buy it now for £2.60 and accept offers as well HAHAHAHAHA ....for a dress that’s worth £18....oh really!! What planet are these ebay officials on?????

Sorry for for the rant .....not

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Same here. A week later its still happening and wasting huge amounts of my time. To eBay support: stop asking for screen shots of this newly default behavior. eBays programmers can trace this and don't need a screenshot to understand "manually entered descriptions are being deleted after submission and replaced with the Listing title and shipping description." 

This is incredibly inefficient and embarrassing for eBay.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply