cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings not showing views...

Is anyone else having trouble with the number of views not showing up on your listings?  I noticed this a few days ago.  Some items I've had listed for quite a while and had hundreds of views and now all my listings are at 0 views.  

Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: Listings not showing views...

Well, I think WE are the beta testers, so that's why we have to report the issues.
Think or Thwim...
Message 31 of 70
latest reply

I have seen the same problem/issue as well, on and off for well over a week..was hopeful that EBAY, with ALL their staff, TOOLS, ETC..could rectify this situation***I am in and out of town, so hard to keep up..BUT this seems to be a trend that is not working very well~~hope there is a resolution SOON...
Message 32 of 70
latest reply

Same here! Its frustrating because i use views to determine adjustments to my listings! Im potentially losing money because of it!
Message 33 of 70
latest reply

@mobile_feedback wrote:

@ledzepgrl23

Thank you for the report. We are aware that sometimes the view count is going to 0. We are working on this.

Thanks

LOL What a bunch of bullsh1t.

Here are two links going all the way back to 2013 with the same issue. I'm sure this issue that you claim is being "worked on" goes back even further.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-My-eBay/Number-of-views-is-not-showing/td-p/3107406

https://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-Cafe/ALL-LISTINGS-NOW-SAY-0-VIEWS-EBAY-GLITCH/td-p/2861647

Cut the bullsh1t and be honest with people.

Message 34 of 70
latest reply

I hear you. If I have multiple similar items to list then the view count of items tells me where to focus my listings. Like you said, flying blind!

Message 35 of 70
latest reply

Exactly! I've seen this happen off and on over the years before, but it is usually resolved pretty quickly. Apparently, Ebay must not have the IT staff it used to. A sign of the company health?

Btw, I had 0s in my 'views' for a short while yesterday, but now its back to the ever-present dash mark. I sold a few items this week and never knew how many views or watches I had. Never knew if I should modify my listing or not.

Message 36 of 70
latest reply

I actually have a listing that has a watcher and 0 views! How would that happen? I have been trying to figure out how to WATCH something without going into it for years. lol
Think or Thwim...
Message 37 of 70
latest reply

Still not showing. Need to FIX
Message 38 of 70
latest reply

Hi Guys -

I have the same problem.

I found a workaround that works most of the time.

I'm in the classic view, btw.  And I'm not totally sure the views number is correct/accurate.  But it's better than the dashes or zeros, I guess???

Change the sort filter to "Views: Highest".  For some reason, Views: Lowest doesn't show it.  And even if I sort by Views: Highest, occasionally, it takes a few times before the numbers populate.

And to Ebay - shame on you for taking so long to fix this.  Shame on you.  SMH

Message 39 of 70
latest reply

You're right.  That worked... until I refreshed the page.  Went right back to dashes.  Now switching back and forth does nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions for another ebay-like site that has their reach?

Message 40 of 70
latest reply

And when I say that it takes a few times to populate, that may mean hitting the view/watchers toggle a dozen times before they appear.

And clutchc is right below - any refresh, the numbers revert to dashes. So, I just keep clicking on views/watchers and eventually numbers come back. A real pain in the ass.

I just wonder if these numbers that eventually come up are anywhere near accurate.

Thanks!
Message 41 of 70
latest reply

It's not just a problem of views not showing, it is no views exist. Almost all of my items would have sold normally, instead only 2 have. In other places I am reading how the search engine is no longer working and people can't find their own items even when they try. 

You see, eBay, this is why there is something called 'versioning' in software. If you break something, you can roll it back until and work on a fix. This is a disaster. No views and no sales = moving to another venue if this doesn't get fixed pretty soon. It should be clear by now that it doesn't pay to cut corners by being unwilling to pay a good wage to proven good software engineers. 

Dare to be different!
Message 42 of 70
latest reply

I have 25 listings.  Some almost for 30 days.  I have not had "views" on any of them for the past 2 plus weeks.  Very strange.

Message 43 of 70
latest reply

I agree.  These same is happening to my listings as well.

Message 44 of 70
latest reply

for more than week on my two sites I have  0 views??  What is going on? Any help from Ebay?

Message 45 of 70
latest reply