cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Type 243012

Hi, I've been using the barcode scan feature for months without issue.  Most recently I used it on Tuesday with no problem and then something was updated on the eBay side with the interface either on Wednesday or Thursday since it looks completely different when you press the camera icon.  Now when I attempt to scan something, the camera loads up, I scan the barcode and it just gives error type 243012 and a message of:

Alert

The query must have at least a keyword, category ID, EPID (ebay product ID), ISBN, event ID or UPC.

I'm on eBay app version 5.23.0.18 and on Android 7.1.2.  I've tried rebooting the phone and uninstalling/reinstalling the app with no luck.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Error Type 243012

I've also been having this issue since I installed the app on a new phone. The scanner doesn't even seen to be scanning anything - it just runs for half a second and captures... nothing.

I notice no response from ebay, and it's almost September already. Will they fix it soon or is the problem not even on their radar?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Error Type 243012

Hmmm I thought the issue was fixed since a couple days after this post they reverted to the old barcode scan interface and it's been working fine for me ever since.
I'm currently on app version 5.24.1.1 where they've brought back the "new" interface that was causing problems at the time of the original post and it's also working fine.
Now they've removed the camera icon from the barcode scan results page that shortcuts to the barcode scan option.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply