cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay mobile app is saying I've reached my limit to view completed items

This is the worst possible time with these new app changes that are taking place. I've been out in the field using the barcode scanner all morning. All of a sudden it is saying I've reached my daily limit for viewing completed items, apparently this applies to when using the barcode scanner I'm guessing. It is telling me to view items using image search. Here's the problem, can anyone tell me how to view completed items using image search? I am not being given the option in the filters list for a completed items when you use search by image. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

All of a sudden it is saying I've reached my daily limit for viewing completed items

Are you able to use the bar code scanner to view active items? While not as useful or easy, that may serve as a workaround to get you some results with a bit of extra effort.

Are you able to view completed items when searching via keyword? If not, you may be stuck.

I am not being given the option in the filters list for a completed items when you use search by image.

I am able to get around that limitation by first enabling the "lockable filter" option in the Filter Customize menu. Start with a keyword search, and select "sold" items in the Filter menu, if that still works for you. Tap the padlock icon to lock the filter setting, so that further searches show "sold" results by default. Then using the image search should also return "sold" results.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

To do the image scan, go to search and look for the little camera icon. Click it.  The view changes and you click a photo of the item (or scan) .  But I will tell that most of time you will want to throw your camera against a brick wall.   If you want to search for a Hot Wheels Mustang in red on ebay via the photo scan, it will show you thousands of Hot Wheels .   Not just Mustangs, but Camaros, Firebirds.  It's so bad that it will show you literally every red hot wheels currently on ebay including trucks. You might also get a real red Mustang.  The Google Lens is a better search tool and that one will show you websites where you can find that item, not just Ebay.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply