cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay app missing from recent apps

Hi folks,

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. The eBay app doesn't show when I select the recent apps button. I'm running Android version 6.0.1 on a Sony Xperia Z2 and app version 5.14.1.0. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 136
latest reply
135 REPLIES 135

Still happening now 18 sept 2018!
On multiple devices OnePlus 2 &3 Asus tablet, Lenovo a806....

Diabolical CS @ebay!

Message 91 of 136
latest reply

Seriously eBay, get your sh*t together and FIX THIS BULLSH*T. HOW LONG DOES THIS NEED TO GO ON?!

Message 92 of 136
latest reply

I've not seen this bug before, either on my old HTC One Mini 2 running Android 4.2.2, nor my current HTC 10 running Nougat - but after a factory repair, the same HTC 10 which is now running Oreo is doing it.

It's definitely happening even after launching the app directly from Nova Launcher, not only from notifications.

Force closing the eBay app seems to fix it, don't know for how long yet. Very odd that just this one app is able to do something that should be impossible! Also, the fact that the bug is present after a normal launch but absent after Force Close doesn't seem to make much sense. 

Message 93 of 136
latest reply

Just uninstalling and reinstalling the app fixed the issue for me. Thanks!
Message 94 of 136
latest reply

This is still an issue and has now gone from being an inconvenience; to infuriating; to hilarious; and now to just sad. 

LG V30, running Android 8.0, on app version 5.25.1.2

Message 95 of 136
latest reply

Same here, stock lg g6. Been like this for as long as I can remember and on multiple devices. 

It's truly hard to fathom that ebay devs don't fix it. It's obviously all on them as it's only thier app that acts this way. 

Message 96 of 136
latest reply

This happens with all of my Samsung phones. I don't think it's a rare situation but a big glitch in the Ebay android app

Message 97 of 136
latest reply

+1 irritating.
Message 98 of 136
latest reply

Happens on my S7 all the time.  Uninstalled/reinistalling solves the problem for about 10 minutes.  Then once it's reoccurs, it persists.  Super annoying.

Message 99 of 136
latest reply

S8 plus, same, even with reinstall
Message 100 of 136
latest reply

not fixed as of 11/23/18. note9, Android 8.1. ridiculous.
Message 101 of 136
latest reply

It's happening for me using stock 8.0 Oreo ATT rom.  I'm using Nova Launcher, but that really should have no bearing on whether this works or not.

Message 102 of 136
latest reply

Nothing to do with the phones  I've owned several and it's done it on every single phone. It's their app that has the issue. 

Message 103 of 136
latest reply

Was hoping to find resolution here. Only app that has this issue. 

Message 104 of 136
latest reply

eBay is losing big time. May be Amazon behind this corruption :))

Message 105 of 136
latest reply