cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay app does not work on older ipad

The eBay app on my iPad froze. So I deleted and reloaded it. Now it doesn't work at all. After all this time and spending. I will miss you eBay 😞
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Reinstall my app EBay .I have IOS 9.35 I try reinstall and they said , my iPad not except this app Pleace help
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

There can only be one reason for eBay to stop supporting older devices in this way. Work it out people. If you think eBay are being disloyal to those who have been loyal to them, then you have every right and all the power you need to stop using the service - end of!! I am now deleting my eBay app from all devices and will not use eBay again  until they start to behave better than this.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

My ipad mini is at iOS 9.3.5. When I try to install the eBay app it says it's not compatible with this ipad.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Absolutely correct!  They have gone from being a user friendly, delightful way to shop to a TERRIBLE, uncaring, unhelpful, disloyal, DISGUSTING company.  😡

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

The problem is eBay app developers are not matching up OS versions with App versions or mismatching them, likely the latter. The testing must be awful. For example eBay app 5.33 is not compatible with iOS 11. It constantly crashes when browsing long lists. Yet, that is loaded to iOS 11. My earlier app version, quite older, not just the prev version, worked perfectly until I updated it. Ebay, please check your app version to iOS cross reference!
Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Not compatible with ver 9.3.5 - so it is Goodbye eBay and good riddance to your 10% selling fees😡

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

I agree that this is a disgrace. Ebay and paypal both have made billions from loyal customers. we should not be blackmailed by apple or ebay! Vote with your feet. Enay you should be ashamed

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

I have version 9.3.5 and it no longer worked. Uninstalled the app to reload it and it says not compatible, so now I have NO app at all. Gees, It's 2019, it should not be an impossible fix! 

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

I'm exactly the same. Can't put eBay app back on my iPad 2 only started 2 days ago. I'm up to date too.
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply