cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app not running and not compatible when upgrading?

If your Android app has stopped working you will need to get the latest version from Google Play, Amazon Appstore, or Galaxy Apps.

To run the latest version of the eBay app your phone or tablet will need be on Android 4.2+. If you are unable to upgrade the operating system on your phone or tablet we recommend using the browser on your device and visit https://m.ebay.com

Thank you

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

The new app is just junk have tried to use just the latest sales platform  from ebay  going to stop using ebay have been on since early days when user name was email address  you can not even tell if user is using shill bidder or has two accounts  they have locked every thing up.  I'm addicted to it but by killing old app have helped  me to get rid of my addiction 

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Totally agree 

It isn't geared towards the seller at all , it's main objective now is just advertising .  

Uninstalled for  good  . 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Ebay has ruined the app for kindle fire can't update tried everything. You would think they would want to make it easier instead of make it so you can't use it. I used ebay a lot guess not anymore. They will be going under soon. 

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

I liked my older app. I remember the last update and all my saved searching were gone. I had to delete and download the old app. Now the app is finally not support EBAY states... and it wont let me go further than telling me I have to update. I find EBay practices odd. IF THE APP WORKS....THEN IT DOESN'T NEED SUPPORT. THEY JUST DON'T WANT ME using it. Well. Guess what? Besides spending literally thousands of dollars on ebay yearly...I will NOT anymore. The older App was just fine and my Galaxy 4 works just fine. Bon Voyage EBay. Im headed to other places! Thanks for the send off.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

I have tried everything and everytime installed Im back to your device is not compatable. I donot wish to go global. This just is not acceptable. Please put back the old system

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

I was devestated when my ebay app wouldn't work. Oh, yes, I was warned, but I bought my phone new less than three years ago. Ebay wouldn't just cut a a few million people from access, I thought. 

So now I go into ebay on my browser. It's 9th circle of hell. 

You can't list pics, never mind lighten or any other editing feature.

Classic site? You can get that on your Watched Items list but to see your selling, the views, your seller hub, etc. Reverts back to your watched list. Oh, you can get there, if you have the afternoon to play with it.

I am not exaggerating when I tell you it took six hours to make one listing. It looks hideous.

My son's phone has an operating system above 4.1.2. I'll just borrow his until around Valentines Day, I thought.

Downloaded the app. Same problems. Same exact problems, although I was able to drag photos, it was a nightmare.

Why? Why? Why? Why?

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Im havin gproblems uploading photos form my mobile device since i got a new phone last week. Is this part of the upgrading problem or has ebay changed?

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

I had the same problem. Ebay app suddenly said this version is no longer supported and you neeed to upgrade. When I upgraded, the new app didn;t work. "Install failure"  I tried a few times, uninstalling and then re-installing with no luck. HOWEVER, when I received the install failure I tried opening ebay from within the Google App Store and it worked ??  So after exiting the play store a few times and going back in and opeing the ebay app, suddenly it installed on an ANDROID phone with what ever operating system was installed in 2015. It now works fine. I cant see aything that isn't working.  Took quite a bit of perseverance to get it to work though.
At some point i did go into the app manager and clear the cache and data before uninstalling.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

wrote:

I liked my older app. I remember the last update and all my saved searching were gone.

Actually, that's one thing I give them credit for - the new app is the only place where all my saved searches work.   On the computer I had to resort to saving each search as a bookmark.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Problema di pagamento,mi dice sempre che non ho conto PayPal collegato
Grazie
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

This new version is junk. Running Android 7 on a galaxy s5 and it's choppy, unresponsive and hardly works. When you scroll down from your saved items to your feed, all the images flash and you have to kill the app to get it work. Thought it was the phone then I tried on my S2 tablet with Android 7 and it performs the same. 

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Made the mistake of updating the app. Now pictures flash, app is unstable and constantly crashes. Getting the " eBay has stopped working" notification. Running Android 7.  

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Last update keeps crashing and no saved searches for 3 days now
Message 15 of 25
latest reply