cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Notifications - No notifications, No cha-ching, Late notifications

If you are experiencing problems with no notifications, late notifications, incorrect sounds please read this post. We will provide some common troubleshooting steps to get your notifications showing up properly.

• Notifications not arriving - Sign out and Sign in
  • Cha-Ching sound is missing - Sign out, uninstall the app and reinstall the app. 
  • Notifications do not show up until app is open - Adjust the battery saving settings on your device

How to adjust the batter saving settings:

Settings > Apps & Notifications > Advanced > Special Access > Battery optimization > Select All Apps at the top > eBay (Set this to ‘Not Optimized’)

Settings > Smart Manager > App Manager > Auto-Start Tab > Set eBay to “Restrict” 

Settings > Smart Manager > App Manager > Deep Hibernate Tab > Toggle eBay to ‘Not optimized’

Samsung S9 Settings > Device Care > Battery > Settings >  Adaptive battery toggle.. "Limit battery usage for apps that you don't use often. Your phone will learn how you use apps over time." Toggle OFF

We will keep this topic updated. Please let us know if you have other problems with notifications.

Message 1 of 101
latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

Troubleshooting Notifications - No notifications, No cha-ching, Late notifications

Okay, I have read everything here about this issue and messed with my phone for the last few hours.  I am by no means a phone guru, but I found something that worked for me.  I hadn't touched anything, so I don't think this problem was with my phone per se, but I did get it working--even got a cha-ching sound tonight!

I went to apps>battery>app power monitor.  I went under sleeping apps and tapped on eBay.  Here I found saved searches and clear cache that I haven't seen before.  I had already done this on the app itself, so I was quite surprised to see numbers here rather than 0.  I cleared them both.  (This made me have to sign back in too. )  Then I switched the eBay app to an unmonitored app, which states it can use as much power as it wants and app power monitor will not do anything to stop it.  This seemed to do the trick.

As I said, I had not changed anything previously and all was working well just a few days ago , sounds and all.  I don't know the big picture problem, but this solved it on my end.  Hope it helps someone else.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 101
latest reply

Thanks for logging this. It's been the case for me for some time. I occasionally get notifications pushed to my device, but more often then not, they don't appear until I open the app. For me, this happens when I am not in a battery saving mode.

Message 3 of 101
latest reply

Problem: Not receiving notifications, unable to change notification settings

1. Cleared cache - still not working

2. Checked battery power saver mode - not on, still not working

3. Signed out and signed back in - still not working

4. Uninstalled, restarted phone, re-installed, signed in - Notifications can now be set

Will keep you posted

Samsung Galaxy 8 - Andoid 8.0.0

Message 4 of 101
latest reply

I am getting notifications that I do not want. I have all notifications disabled including in the Android application manager and I am still getting notifications. This is really amazing at 2 O'clock in the morning. How do I get these to stop before I file a formal complaint with the CRTC? 

Message 5 of 101
latest reply

why is this battery saving mode no notifications on Ebay still not fixed? what is taking so long. I have my phone in battery save mode all the time  since I use the phone all to play music and other stuff.  so please fix it right away in tired of this stupid bug you guys keep having. your tech people need to do a better job and hurry up. 

Message 6 of 101
latest reply

The Cha Ching sound is now missing from the App's sounds list.  The default sound is now the one called Skyline.  I have signed in signed out then uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail

Message 7 of 101
latest reply

My problem is notification are set 15min before action ends, but I get them the second the auction ends. So I open the app and see sorry you missed out, action has ended. 

Message 8 of 101
latest reply

@ally_eli 

My problem is notification are set 15min before action ends, but I get them the second the auction ends. So I open the app and see sorry you missed out, action has ended.

Using a desktop browser, try changing the "Show buying alerts" time in the dropdown of your Account Site Preferences:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&CurrentPage=MyeBayPreferences&FClassic=true&ssPageName=S...

Mine shows the following options: 5 mins, 10 mins, 30 mins, 60 mins, 180 mins.

Message 9 of 101
latest reply

@ally_eli 

So I open the app and see sorry you missed out, action has ended.

If you are seeing these notices when you first open the app, check your battery saver settings again -- if the battery saver is shutting down the eBay app, you won't get any notices until the app is restarted.

Message 10 of 101
latest reply

I must have my battery saving mode on to save my battery since I use my phone all day. So my ebay notification used to work with battery saving mode. And now it doesn't work. Please fix this
Message 11 of 101
latest reply

Hi there

I have just bought a Galaxy S10 and I'm having the same issue of not getting notifications until the app is opened. I thought it was a problem my end, but after doing some howework and reading the comments, it looks like an issue with the eBay app itself.

Message 12 of 101
latest reply

I have the Samsung S9 and found another setting that may have caused my issue of not receiving notifications until opening the app. In Settings, Device Care, Battery, Settings, there's an Adaptive battery toggle.. "Limit battery usage for apps that you don't use often. Your phone will learn how you use apps over time."

I switched that off and my notifications are coming through now. I couldn't find a list of which apps it limits or how it determines what is considered "often". But even though the app was unrestricted in other settings this one still affected it. There's also a couple other auto sleep/disable features there that seem like they could affect it as well.

Message 13 of 101
latest reply

I can't seem to turn off specific notifications.

I don't want Recommendations or Events and Offers notifications, yet every time I turn them off they will turn themselves on and start sending me notifications again.

How can I disable this constant re-activation of unwanted notifications?

Message 14 of 101
latest reply

I have an Android 8.1.0 and have not been getting notifications for months.

Everything listed by ebay mobile app help i've done over and over again.  It's absolutely maddening.

Message 15 of 101
latest reply