cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not being able to share

Dear whomever it may concern,

Since the app updated i have been recieving an error about my android system stopped working it is only happening with this app. This involves the feature share. I could share all i want before the last update. I have cleared the caches, did a soft reset, cleared the data, and uninstalled then reinstalled and signed in. I am still having this problem. What else can i do that doesnt involve factory reset. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Not being able to share

@jinxerbelljessica

Hello, are you still having trouble sharing items from the app? Are you using the share button on the item or the share option in the menu in the upper right corner?

Thanks

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Not being able to share

Yes, app is still having problems.

The Share problem started with the last update a couple of weeks ago and is still not working with the update today (10/30/17).

When trying to share to Pinterest using the Share Item button below the item, it shares a tan colored box with Android UL3.0 on it instead of a photo of item. On twitter it shares some really long url with rover. ebay and a long string of numbers and letters. Before, it posted a normal url.

Only happens in Android app. Works ok from website. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Not being able to share

@texblonde @jinxerbelljessica

Thank you. We are looking into this.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Not being able to share

Thank you.

Hopefully, y'all can fix it soon. 😊 It's not always easy to get to my laptop or tablet to use the website and I know others have the same problem. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Not being able to share

ANY updated information? I really miss being able to save my listings before they drop off ebay. It's been going on for about a month and a half for me and my sales have been affected as well. Please let us know. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Not being able to share

It does work on the mobile site (m.ebay.com)  and on the regular website, too. Still not working in the Android app.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Not being able to share

...and still it doesn't work from the app. Tan box, rover.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Not being able to share

Are you all still looking into it because it's still not working. How long does it take to make what should be a fairly easy coding fix? It worked in the app in the past so it's obviously not an unsolvable problem. Please look into it a little faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Not being able to share

@texblonde @vanityflairnc

The issue has been reported. I do not know when it will be fixed.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Not being able to share

m.ebay.com from android... thank you, It's a workaround and is better than nothing.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Not being able to share

Still not working. Any hope in the next millenium that this will be fixed.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply