cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil War - Jackson Barracks New Orleans / Unknow Officials and wives / Gen. Beauregard

This is a group of photo's glued on old black paper from a picture book.  The one side shows 3 photo's of men in uniform with their wives I'm assuming.  Don't know what kind of Officials or Officers they are? If anyone can help with the ID it would be appreciated.  The other side of the sheet shows a CVD card of General Beauregard and a picture of Confederate Officers at Jackson Barracks in New Orleans. Any info on the Jackson Barracks photo is appreciated. 

Thanks

Beaureguard1.JPGBeaureguard2.JPGBeaureguard3.JPGBeaureguard4.JPGBeaureguard5.JPG

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Civil War - Jackson Barracks New Orleans / Unknow Officials and wives / Gen. Beauregard

The photo of the officers and the dog probably dates from around 1900 or a little later. US Army. They are wearing what looks like the M1898 khaki tunic and the 1889-pattern hat.

I'm not up on naval uniforms, but the photo of the naval officers and their women guests is probably from 1905 or so, judging from the women's outfits. 

Looks like the photo of General Beauregard is from 1861, before he resigned his commission in the US Army to join the Confederate Army.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks for the good info!  Tthe women's hats are interesting for sure.  I wish the pictures were not glued in to place but they all overlap everywhere. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply