cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AROUND THE CAMP FIRE

Around the camp fire you usually just sit and enjoy, roast marshmellows, have coffee or something stronger and sit and chat. So, pull up a stool, bench or lawn chair and sit a spell.
Message 1 of 1,747
latest reply
1,746 REPLIES 1,746

Re: Re AROUND THE CAMP FIRE

Wishing you a very merry Christmas. Hope your move Goes very smoothly. I’m very proud of you with the big move.

Message 1741 of 1,747
latest reply

Hi Judi, We drove to Goleta, CA to spend time with Howards brother who flew in from Brazil to visit his daughter for the holidays. Had a horrible trip. 7 1/2 hours to go 50 miles due to I-5 being shut down due to snow. 2.5 miles an hour most of the way! Anyway, we had a great time. Got back to Yuma and spent one night. Picked up the 3 dogs and headed to Maricopa New Years Eve. Spent a quiet evening at my house since we were both exhausted. Heading to Mayo Clinic today for Howards yearly bladder cancer invasive check. Say a prayer that they don't find anything. If he can stay clear for 6 months, we will be able to go to Michigan (my grandkids), Northern Vermont (Howards home 14 miles from Quebec) and eventually Newfoundland. I have made this trip 3 times but one last time is on the top of my bucket list. Howard has never been to Newfoundland so this will be a great adventure for him.

So glad you are traveling forward with your plans and life. It's hard to do but life does go on. Stay well, keep busy and HAVE SOME FUN!

Message 1742 of 1,747
latest reply

We went over Tehachapi pass near the Grapevine highway 58 We got over pass before the storm and went that way home and traffic was bad going near Mohave but not in the direction we went towards Bakersfield. Is not Goleta near Santa Barbara. I would think you would have avoided the snow My niece did not and went 1 mile per hour for 4 hours, This is common in winter as the passes are 4000 feet high
MY House was put on the market this week and may be hard sell, fixer upper,cash only and not able for loans but have a few lookers. good price for a vacation home makeover. Not in retirement home yet and this is stressful House is cold and I am under covers so more later
***...***Judy***...***
Message 1743 of 1,747
latest reply

He’ll be here at one house sells but don’t be surprised if it doesn’t cause you to cry too.  It’s a finalization on your previously and are now starting  on a new adventure on a different path. Don’t be afraid yourself there. Keep us from when your face is a new living arrangements. No one wants to talk to somebody  I am working all the time. It’s not easy to put a smile on your face every day, but I’ve learned that it’s very necessary and it really does help. Keep in touch  ((((Hugs))))

Message 1744 of 1,747
latest reply

Boy was that last message screwed up. That’s what happens when you talk your text in the silly iPad decides to change the wording. Let’s try again.  You will be happy when your house sells, but don’t be surprised if you cry.   It’s a finalization of your previous life and now you have a new and exciting road to travel.  Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there.   Keep a smile  on your face when you move in to your new living arrangements. Say hello to everyone. No one wants to see someone or respond to someone Who isn’t smiling.  It’s not easy to put a smile on your face every day, but I have learned that it’s necessary and really does help.

Wow, she didn’t get much of that message very right Did she.  Just shows you they’re not smart phones nor smart tablets or iPads. 

Message 1745 of 1,747
latest reply

Sorry I have not checked in awhile. No excuse as I am sheltered at my new residence, a retirement home. I sold the house leaving the cats behind. The new owners were not too thrilled (cats) but they got the house for a song as it would not qualify for a loan so it was for cash. All I had to do was take what I wanted out of the house and they would get rid of everything that I left behind, And it was a lot and a mess. Just took 2 pickup loads and many loads in my car. Then I splurged and bought a relining bed raises my head and my legs. Since I seem to like reclining I bought a Lazy 'boy recliner, a little short or me (5 foot 10 inches) but quite comfy. My former neighbor in an exchange for a bargain price for a Toyota truck is feeding the cats and sort of adopting. I miss them and could have brought them here but it would have been hard. But their are 3 cats that are half adopted and roam about outside. I feed them now and then. I like my studio apartment.
I have a patio with potted plants and it is on the first floor which I like. Except for now there are some activities. And my sister in law and her family live near by. I miss the mountains and Tom but adapting OK. We are sheltered but if we need essential items I can take my car to near by stores. Well I go to bed early. I sew, crafts and jigsaw puzzles Excuse errors I am tired. Hope you are well.
***...***Judy***...***
Message 1746 of 1,747
latest reply

So glad to hear from you. Glad you’ve moved and settled in. I’m sure you’ll start making friends as soon as this quarantine has been lifted. Howard and I are doing well. Going back-and-forth between his house and Yuma and my house in Maricopa. Hoping to travel north this summer but it all depends on the mayo clinic and their verdict for Howard. All three pups are doing well. Shelby is finally excepting Howards to Shih Tzu’s.  Trying to get ready for a huge yard sale once the quarantine has been lifted. Daughter Alisa moved back to Michigan and left me with a whole bunch of junk to get rid of. More later. Stay safe and stay well.

Message 1747 of 1,747
latest reply