cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AROUND THE CAMP FIRE

Around the camp fire you usually just sit and enjoy, roast marshmellows, have coffee or something stronger and sit and chat. So, pull up a stool, bench or lawn chair and sit a spell.
Message 1 of 1,747
latest reply
1,746 REPLIES 1,746

Re: AROUND THE CAMP FIRE

Glad you are finally getting some relief from your ear problem. Is there something you can do to keep the wax down like peroxide once a week in your ear?

Off today to the 'Ladies Lunch'. We got every Wednesday to a different restaurant. I like that because I get to find out which ones I like the best for dinner and what their prices are, etc. before going to dinner and spending a pile and not being happy with the meal.

Campfire last night and hardly anyone came. Was really nice. A little cool but not as bad as the week before. Shelby ate 2 hotdogs and spent the rest of the time in Phil's car. She is happy in the car and I don't have to worry about her wandering. Works out well for both of us.

Glad you had a nice TG. Hope you get your Christmas decorations done. I still have to work on mine on the inside. At least the outside is done.

BBL

Message 946 of 1,747
latest reply

Sorry I am late in writing you.  Just been busy with different things.  Everything is going well.  Still putting drops in ear but not peoxide but an expensive debox....not worrying about it though.  And Tom's appointment went very well so hopefully my Blood Pressure will drop, it has a little.  But I am taking a water based Lipitor starting in Jan when Part D kicks in...we never signed up for Prescription drugs since we never take medicine.  Well I learned the hard way with Tom who takes very expensive meds....but he is getting renewals for 6 months. And he is taking blood work in Jan in Lab and is not complaining about that.  Not sure what relatives we will see at Christmas.  My sister is coming up the 26th for a night and she has seen Tom lately.

I am ordering like crazy online today getting a book, fabric from Missouri Star Co and 3 handmade embroidered cards that a friend (online) made.  And did I mention that the Chinese money went for $363 dollars.  And I ust sold 10 skeleton keys for 12.95 including postage.  But the postcards don't seem to sell so looking for other things.  

We did have fun both of us visiting Tom's sister and niece at a craft show where they were selling handmade items.  After shopping there we went to Hobby Lobby where I bought yard and then to fancy grocery store for stuff.  Our dog loves to sit and wait in the truck while we shop.  She has never chewed on anything.  Sounds like nice activities at the park.  Our fire is burning too, but for leaves and pine needles to clear the land. Enjoy the upcoming Christmas holiday.

***...***Judy***...***
Message 947 of 1,747
latest reply

A tip with Lipitor: Lipitor will give you charlie horses. Go to discount store and buy Calcium/Magnesium/Zink pills (over the counter and the cheaper the better) Take one every other day if you get muscle cramps. Works like a charm and it doesn't matter how cheap the pill is. Now that is just one pill but a combo of those three minerals. Pharmist put me on to that trick years ago.

got my Christmas stuff up inside and out. So glad that is done but I still have to look at why my solar lights aren't working on my little tree. I may just buy a new strand and add it for this year. Tired of playing with lights and trying to get them to work. Now I have to wrap a couple of gifts and then make bows for about 20 bags of candy that I leave on different RV door steps every year.

Off to walk with the ladies today, then off to Mexico with friends for pedicures, lunch, shopping for cigarettes (no, I don't smoke) for gifts, booze and trinkets. I checked out my liquor closet for the first time in 3 years and it was way down. Have to restock it but may end up doing that at the military base if the prices in Mexico arent great. Things made there like Kaluha are cheap but imports (for them) aren't. Have to be back by 2 pm for a meeting at the club house. 

Have a great day and give someone special an extra hug today.

Message 948 of 1,747
latest reply

Thanks for tips, I took lipitor before with no charlie horses although my liver count went up a little, this is a different form water solouble whatever that means.
The big storm so far has not hit here. Got a bunch of tiny crystals that you can iron onto fabric so listing them on eBay later. Tired after cooking so going to TV in bedroom and stretching out.
***...***Judy***...***
Message 949 of 1,747
latest reply

See, it pays to advertise. I just placed a bid on your blue crystals. LOL Have you ever done any of them? I was going to try them with a regular iron. Don't know if that would work, but worth a try.

Glad that nasty storm hasn't hit you.

Off to walk, then off to flea market, library, meeting and who knows what. We do have a 'golf cart Christmas parade' and a real electric light Christmas parade tomorrow. The golf cart one is in our campground. The other is put on by the city of Yuma. We had a float in it for 2 years but it was too much work and I had problems with one man who wanted to run everything and wanted to do everything ass/backwards. I walked out on the float committee because of him and guess what! He ended up doing it my way when he realized it was the only way you could do it and have it be safe! Men, ugh! No one has done it since that incident. I would like to get it going again becuase it was a lot of fun to do and got a lot of people in the park to participate. We had everyone ride on the float.

BBL Here is a great youtube for you:

Message 950 of 1,747
latest reply

Ha I did not even connect your ID name here with the bidder. I listed a few other colors but do not bid anymore and hopefully you win. I will send you some extra...I used an iron and it worked well for me. Today is sorting thru 3 bins making it to 1 bin, wrapping Christmas presents and using my new bakers twine. I am learning how to create with crystals and also the twine. If you need ideas just to go Pinterest. Now to check out the UTube.
***...***Judy***...***
Message 951 of 1,747
latest reply

How hot did you have your iron set on? I have a few blouses that could use a little Bling! Should be fun to try. I am an eBay junkie. Buy 95% of my clothing on eBay. Only buy 2 or 3 brand names so I know they will fit and I also know they are good quality. Don't know what I would do without eBay.

Loved Pinterest! Had never seen it before. Thanks

Message 952 of 1,747
latest reply

I usually set the iron on pretty hot.  I would experiment on other fabric first.  I did not sell any others but that is OK as I am having fun.  I am sending you extra ones in different sizes.  I just hold the iron on the crystal for about 10 seconds that look at it and do it a little longer.   I still like eBay and shop too.  I am waiting for an ephemera grab bag of 20 iems hoping there might be a sleeper in there for eBay.  Here is a bag I made, embroidery isn't my greatest but I ironed some crystals on it.  

***...***Judy***...***
Message 953 of 1,747
latest reply

Judy, that is really cute. Can't wait to get the sparkles and try them out. Ebay has been at it again. Went to make the type a 12 pt and all they have is 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. This is 4!

We had our Golf Cart Christmas Parade last night. Our first one and it was soooo cute! I was surprised we had so many golf carts etc, in our park. Our park is very small a s RV parks go. Here are a couple of pictures. This is called "Old Farts Having Fun" LOLLarry Olsen on Della D's quad photo IMG_0806_zps680e9fe3.jpg photo IMG_0802_zpsf2221793.jpgMichelle & Rick photo IMG_0799_zpsd2c447c1.jpgKay & Loren & Bud photo IMG_0797_zpscff8533b.jpgLanges photo IMG_0795_zpscd4e6e8c.jpgChristmas Golf Cart Parade 2014 photo IMG_0794_zpsd39a84e4.jpg

Message 954 of 1,747
latest reply

Claudia, I noticed that the last time I wrote about the size and could not figure it out.  Well today I picked 3.  eBay always like to make changes but I stick with it for listing.  Other sites do not sell for me.  I do not have anything listed but will start with a few Valentines soon.  I do have a few Budapest postcards I might list tonight.  But I have a little wrapping to do and want to clean up my sewing area.  It is a beautiful day here in mid 50's but not to much moisture in the air and the sun is out.  No appointments for awhile so we are pretty free to do what we want.  Your parade of golf carts looked like fun.  Are they there for transportation within the RV park or do a few play golf?  

Tom spent a couple of hours getting the trailer ready for my sister.  She is coming by train to see us for one night and since we have only 1 bed she either sleeps on the couch, floor in spare room but this time she is sleeping in the trailer.  The propane is full, water tank is full and gray water emptied I hope.  It is very cozy there and no cat hair etc.  We will have fun and laugh a lot.  Still not sure when we are exchanging gifts with Tom's sister.  There were problems last year so we shall see.  I think it will work out fine.  So enjoy your Christmas with all the pre holiday activities.

***...***Judy***...***
Message 955 of 1,747
latest reply

Lots of golf courses but the carts are for here in the RV park. I don't have one (yet)

Merry Christmas photo: Stockings 1779146rt7yyfuka2.gif

Message 956 of 1,747
latest reply

Merry Christmas.  A quiet time for both of us.  Tomorrow my sister comes for one night and our house is small so she is sleeping in our 19 foot trailer.  I made up the bed put out the slide out and turned on the propane as it will be 32 tomorrow night.  The shelves above the bed turn down into a bunk bed and only a kid could climb up there or a brave adult.  Also pictured is my newest bags.  I printed designs on fabric, using my copying machine.  I taped and glued the fabric on the paper and ran it through the printer.  My sister is arriving in Amtrak and takes a shuttle bus to our town so we do not even have to drive far to pick her up.  We laugh a lot and have a good time.  We meet other side of the family on Sunday to exchange gifts.  Otherwise avoided big family gatheries felt that was the safest.  Hope your Christmas was nice.

Judy

***...***Judy***...***
Message 957 of 1,747
latest reply

Merry Christmas.  A quiet time for both of us.  Tomorrow my sister comes for one night and our house is small so she is sleeping in our 19 foot trailer.  I made up the bed put out the slide out and turned on the propane as it will be 32 tomorrow night.  The shelves above the bed turn down into a bunk bed and only a kid could climb up there or a brave adult.  Also pictured is my newest bags.  I printed designs on fabric, using my copying machine.  I taped and glued the fabric on the paper and ran it through the printer.  My sister is arriving in Amtrak and takes a shuttle bus to our town so we do not even have to drive far to pick her up.  We laugh a lot and have a good time.  We meet other side of the family on Sunday to exchange gifts.  Otherwise avoided big family gatheries felt that was the safest.  Hope your Christmas was nice.

Judy

***...***Judy***...***
Message 958 of 1,747
latest reply

Forgot trailer bed

***...***Judy***...***
Message 959 of 1,747
latest reply

I love the idea of printing on your fabric. Now that you have given it to me, I need to figure out why Phil would need a small bag. He plays botht he mandolin and violin and your picture with the violin sparked my attention. Hmmm now to use the thinking cap.

Sister will be warm and cozy in her own special guest house.

Message 960 of 1,747
latest reply