Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEEKEND TREASURE HUNT FINDS JULY 3~?

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Meager results so far this week.  Thank goodness for thrift stores since auctions and flea markets are few and far between around here.  Maybe tomorrow's yard sales will produce something.

Damascene sailboat brooch, made in Spain, and Lisner green thermoset oak leaf brooch with acorns:

001.JPG

Seagull pewter Christmas brooch:

006.JPG

Message 2 of 55
latest reply

I thought this was a bit of a "wow" even though it needs a bit of TLC

Francois demi parure

055.JPG

Message 3 of 55
latest reply

Yea, Id agree that set is a 'Wow" Cat Tongue

That Lisner leaf is cute.  The boats may be Toledo ware

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 4 of 55
latest reply

laurel.jpg

Got these at a consignment shop yesterday. Now the big question... sell them separate or together?

Message 5 of 55
latest reply

I think maybe WOW is a bit of an understatement on the green set!!

Message 6 of 55
latest reply

Vernon1959 , the green set is so glamorous , I love it !

ifmelfalls , i know your dilemma . I always try to sell them together as a set for more money first , then if needed seperate later .

Jools have been tough to come by lately . However I did score these 3 cute unsigned brooches and Monet bangle this week .

Mermaid 🐳

Message 7 of 55
latest reply

I love the scarab brooch!

Message 8 of 55
latest reply

Thanks ! Does it look newer or older to you ?
Message 9 of 55
latest reply

I'm honestly not the best person to ask. Sorry 😞

Message 10 of 55
latest reply

Here are a few finds for this week.

Very lovely enamel Joan of Arc pendant

IMG_6020.JPG

A really cool Palatnik acrylic cat sculpture (not jewelry but who doesn't love a cat?)

006.JPG

So 1980s. Vivah sterling necklace.

012.JPG

Message 11 of 55
latest reply

Mermaid and Pheasantville,  jewelry is getting harder to find for me as well.

I read about some finds here and think that compared with the miserable pickings in Ottawa I need to relocate, or do something radical.

Where I live it is all about connections. Who you know and if you can get access to good jewelry. I go to many estate sales but they are picked over by the time the doors open. Ditto with the consignment shops these days and also the thrift stores.

Small time buyers don't stand a chance against big buyers. I know several people who buy out entire estates and spend huge amounts doing so ... I completely understand how these folks get access to the good items because they will buy everything. Not like me who wants to pick through and get the $5 bargain. LOL

Jewelry is fiercly competitive and with the increase in the price of precious metals a few years back,  lots and lots of folks who didn't look at jewelry are now tuned in. I know many dealers who couldn't have cared less about jewelry 10 years ago who are now basically only selling jewelry. Everyone and their cousin carries a loupe and tests for gold around here.

Message 12 of 55
latest reply

Well, these things come in waves. Last year jewelry at yard sales was nonexistent; this year I've had a couple of decent hauls. And the thrift shop that never has anything had a whole bunch of stuff: KJL Avon, some Toledoware screwbacks, Lisner leaves, and the lacy white ones are Hedy. Rest are unsigned.

TS062915.jpg

If we weren't still recovering from an unexpected car repair a few weeks ago, one of the other thrifts had a bunch of interesting stuff too. Have to go back and look again next time we have money. Got plenty of stuff coming in. It's the going out that's the problem.

And, just to say have a happy, safe and glorious Fourth to everybody: my mom's Napier 1976 Bicentennial Bennington Flag brooch (which I finally got around to replacing the missing rhinestones in).

Napier Bennington.jpg

flotsamlogo
Message 13 of 55
latest reply

Pickings a sad here on the west coast too but a couple days ago I had a first. A Stanhope barrel Stickpin full of Niagara Falls pictures.
Message 14 of 55
latest reply

Arlene I love the Palatnik sculptures! haves seen one around here yet at all.  I rarely go to the thrifts anymore looking for jewelry.  Even the church one I used to go to says they rarely get anyything good anymore thanks to ebay and the gold byers.

As for having no problem taking things in, just getting them out....I hear ya! My to do pile is getting bigger and bigger and....

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 15 of 55
latest reply