cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage jewelry dating - help needed

I have this gorgeous ring and was hoping to be able to get an idea of the date it was made. There are no gold or silver markings, the gold part of the setting is attached on top of the silver, you can see the two separate layers. Handcrafted for sure. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

My thought is your ring is fairly Modern (last 30 years or so) with a Retro Israeli Brutalist Style. The main reason I have for this being resent is the checkerboard like cut of the stone.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Plus, jewelry was mostly diminutive in size up until the 60's when the big splashy pieces came into vogue, so I'd date it sometime after the 60's.  Cool ring!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It does have a middle eastern flair to it...I thought Turkish...and yes, relatively recent.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I would also say that the silver might be unstamped sterling (they didnt bother until the 70s) with a gold wash on the top part (really easy to do with brush electroplating.  So most likely silver but not gold if there are any real precious metals in there.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I was thinking it could be unmarked. The gold is a completely separate layer soldered to the silver. I need to get off my bum and make time to test it. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply