cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VINTAGE STERLING BRACELET INFORMATION HELP NEEDED

NEED INFORMATION ON THIS ITEM. STERLING SILVER MARKED STERLING WITH PATENT DATE 9,15.25.....NEED TO KNOW MAKER...WHAT KIND OF STONES TYPICALLY WOULD BE IN THIS PIECE AND AN ESTIMATED VALUE.....WILL POST A FEW PICS.....THANK YOU

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: VINTAGE STERLING BRACELET INFORMATION HELP NEEDED

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

These stones are molded, they are not carved.  Jewelry terms have become so convoluted over the years that it is sometimes really hard to identify the correct terminology when dealing with shapes, settings and materials used in jewelry now days.

If this were my bracelet I would call the stones molded cabochons.  As for them being carnelian, you would need to have them tested to be sure.  The Czechs and Japanese made some outstanding imitations of not only semi but precious gems as well, out of glass.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I can't see it well enough, however the ends on either side of the molded stones looks like Dimond bar bracelet..

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Your pics are too dark Info on the patent is for a flexible bracelet C G Hultman That might help a bit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I agree with Gauntlett, unfortunately your pics are a bit too dark.

OP, I tinkered with one of your pics and am reposting a lighter picture for you.

As  Sandy  says, you need to have the stones tested to see if they are carnelian or glass. It is impossible to tell from these pics at present, and that would make a difference to value.

20141128_122235.jpg

Message 8 of 8
latest reply