cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "NEW" Unified Listing Tool

It SUCKS when listing from my PC.  I don't know how it works using a phone, as I don't list from my phone, but from a Windows 10, using Microsoft Edge, it sucks!

I went to all the trouble of creating a nice clean looking template to use to move my listings over to eBay using eBay's listing tools.  It takes me maybe 2-3 minutes to move them from my database to them.

Trying to use the "new" listing tools, I spent 30+ minutes trying to list one item and never got it listed.  It changed the fonts, the font sizes, the font colors, and added text to areas it was never put in.  It also kept the information banners in my actual listing with no way to remove it.  The only thing I found useful was the remove the background from the pictures.  Even that will be time consuming on certain jewelry pieces.  

I'm not the only one?  I have found several threads discussing it, none of them are favorable.  I don't want to be forced into trying to list from my phone, which seems to be eBay;s intention. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: The "NEW" Unified Listing Tool

Awww that`s awful Sandy!    I sure feel your pain tho.

And it seems to me that all these new & improved changes over last few years are all supposed to be geared for Mobile Users. 

I guess people like me that only have a desktop pc will soon be left totally out.

Maybe if enough people  squawk  (like they did when Community here was all boogared up)  they`ll re-think what they`ve done

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Doesn't surprise me. I have tried listing from my phone a couple of times. The problem is that I then had to come on my pc because it won't let you set the auto accept or decline. They make that decision for you, and they are crappie at making decisions.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I have been screaming for two days now and sending them messages about the issues through eBay and through facebook.  If they force us to use the "new" listing tool without fixing it, will have to take a closer look at posting my items here.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Scifi, where are the pictures that you use for your listings kept?  My understanding is that you either have to have the pictures on your phone or hosted on a web page.  Which means that if I'm on the road it won't work for me.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I like listing from a PC. It's far less complicated and I can change things that I want to change. I've never had any luck posting with my phone.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

For the phone listing, I take them with my phone. They also don't let you tweek the pictures when you do it on the phone.  As I said, don't like it, won't do it anymore.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Thanks Scifi.  That is what I thought I had found out.  Hopefully they will make it an option instead of trying to force people to use their phones to list.  It's just not going to work for everyone.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I tried listing from my phone once.  Once.  I wasn't dumb enough to try twice.  It works OK from my tablet, but not very well; the mobile app lister is just too lamebrained.   Working from a real computer is much better, with photos taken by a digital camera.  Some people do OK doing it by phone,  but I may be too old to adapt or just too picky about quality.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I've never tried the customizable form and I list strictly from my PC always using the classic form.  I can see where this would pose a problem for you if you're hoping to list while on the road.  I agree there is a huge disconnect between phone and PC users, and there shouldn't be after so many years.  I'm sorry this caused you so much time and aggravation 😖!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Awwww Sandy,   I can see how it would be challenging to completely change everything about how you list.  

I use my tablet and it’s super easy for me.   I usually list from the web site though vs the app,  although I do tweak certain things like photos around from the app.   I’ve only used my phone like twice.   It seemed very short cut / condensed to me and didn’t have enough options.   Tablets are pretty inexpensive nowadays,  maybe you could consider trying one.  

Still I do understand why you are frustrated.  

Mermaid  🐳

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Just wanted to give an update on the new listing tool and using a PC.  I went back in today ( I never say die ) and found it much friendlier to use with my PC.  I am using a Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge.  Didn't have the problems previously mentioned this time.  So I will continue to use it now to become familiar with it before the change.

TIP:  When using the clear background tool to clean up your picture, enlarge it so that the brushes get smaller and you are able to clean up the inside edges easier.  For those that have never used a clean up the background tool you might find this of interest and remember practice and patience is your friend.  I think the clean up on some jewelry is a little tricky and time consuming.  I personally am only going to do the clean up for now on the first picture.

Background Removal Tool FAQ - The eBay Community

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

WHY DO YOU KEEP CHANGING THINGS THAT WORK INTO **bleep**TY EXPERIENCES THAT ARE SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS. THEN YOU ASK FOR OUR COMMENTS (LIKE YOU CARE)  BUT DO IT ANYWAY. IT SUCKS FOR THE SELLERS! WHY DOESN'T THAT MATTER?

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

1. zombie thread alert.

2. This board isn't read by eBoo, just other joolies.   Yelling at us with the capslock on, and it's been cosidered yelling on line since the early 90s ... I was there, makes it everything very difficult to read. Also pointless. 

3.  eBay has a long and storied history of musheling things up that were best left alone.  All in the name of making things easier for the phone crowd , which also went sideways.  Unless someone is frobnicating, another ancient computer term, to make their higher-ups think they're doing something useful. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 14 of 14
latest reply