cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The New Item Specifics Are Here

I'm in the process of relisting some item and have noticed that the "New Item Specifics" are in place.  So far my jewelry listings have not been affected.  They are just mixed up a bit.  I don't know about other categories, but you might want to check them out.  Hope everyone's are also OK without major changes.  Good luck.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 44
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: The New Item Specifics Are Here

They really don`t want me to tell them what I think!! 

Why do we even have to write a description anymore???

Here`s just a sample on a pair of KJL  costume earrings.  So many stupid drop down boxes to fill in on everything!!! 

Item specifics

Seller Notes:
“Excellent Pre-owned”

Features:
Crystals
Setting Style:
Pavé
Base Metal:
Unknown
Jewelry Department:
Fashion
Certification:
NA
Main Stone Treatment:
NA
Department:
Women
Total Carat Weight:
NA
Main Stone Color:
Clear
Ear Area:
Lobe
Metal:
Unknown
Number of Gemstones:
NA
Main Stone Shape:
Round
Secondary Stone:
NA
Modified Item:
No
Brand:
Kenneth Jay Lane
Item Length:
1 1/4 inch
Style:
Classic
Era:
Contemporary 2000-Present
Number of Diamonds:
NA
Diamond Clarity Grade:
NA
Country of Origin:
Unknown
Cut Grade:
NA
Color:
Gold
Gemstone Clarity Grade:
NA
Signed:
Yes
Country/Region of Manufacture:
Unknown
Closure:
Clip-On
Material:
Mixed Materials
Metal Purity:
Unknown
Customized:
No
Colored Diamond Intensity:
NA
Main Stone:
Crystal
Item Diameter:
NA
Diamond Color Grade:
NA
Type: 
Earrings
ASSININE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal

View Best Answer in original post

Message 22 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

oh my, I am so confused, I am not sure who decides, but I am not seeing how this is going to make it any easier for buyers.  

I just tried listing a vintage sterling Southwest charm, which used to have a breakout under charm bracelets ,   for just charms, but now they are supposed to go all together with the bracelets, silver, gold and costume all in same category?  with no item specifics to go with it......?

in addition, all the vintage 'ethnic' jewelry now goes into one category, with no breakouts for country, 

I am not seeing any item specifics to enter.....

do I have to update something on Ebay ? 

arggghhh

Message 2 of 44
latest reply

Updating won't do you any good.  Yes, listing jewelry is broken down n fine or costume and from there it is pretty generic.   I would suggest you get very specific in item specifics even IF you have to add them.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 44
latest reply

Just tried relisting a few.  No problem for one vintage pin.  Newer earrings? Good grief.  Now they want EAR POSITION.  As if the buyer isn't making that decision.  C'mon eBoo.  They've screwed up relisting too.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 4 of 44
latest reply

I checked every category I have up..so far don`t see anything being flagged..but who knows what the morning will bring. 😑

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

What do you mean "nothing being flagged?"  They are not flagging, no listing specific information at all. They are just changing the listing to the category they think applies.  We have to discover the changes ourselves and then decide if the category assignment is good or not.

I have no record of the categories the items were end. Glad I have just a couple hundred listings.

There are now just 18 categories in vintage jewelry.  No distinction fine vs costume, no difference by time period, no difference by designer signed, ethnic, handmade, etc. 

The categories should have swelled with listings. But where are they? The collections and lots category within vintage jewelry, for example, has just 10,900 listings as of now. eBay said some listings would not be visible for as long as a week. They aren't kidding.

I've become a pessimist. My sales have been very strong, now I can easily imagine my only sales over the next month coming from watchers and offers to buyers. Page views will be in the tank.

Terrible timing, just as holiday buying might ramp up. 

Message 6 of 44
latest reply

"What do you mean "nothing being flagged?"  They are not flagging, no listing specific information at all." 

That was just my phrase I used...what I meant by being flagged was I received no notice of   'Item Specifics Missing'     in case they had  added any new required ones.     

I had gotten them before when they made changes...had to change over 500 clothing items 1 at a time with that one!  And do it more than once

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

Gotcha. Understand.

500!

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

THey moved one pin at least to the Necklace section even though the title clearly says Pin. They can't find the required Category  info in the Title where it's already sitting.  C'mon already.  I've clicked "tell us what you think" a few times and the last one really let them have it.    Someone really wasn't thinking, and from the evidence isn't capable of same. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 9 of 44
latest reply

Oh GOODIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I was wondering what I was gonna do today..Friday..my busiest day of the week..now I know.   

Each of my jewelry items are marked..anywhere  from 2 to 25  Add Recommended  &   several say  Add Required Soon.  

Now I HAVE TO KNOW  How many of ya`ll that wear earrings search by THIS TERM?????   

• Auricle
  • Cartilage
  • Conch
  • Daith
  • Helix
  • Industrial
  • Lobe
  • Orbital
  • Pinna
  • Rook
  • Snug
  • Tragus

Needless to say their Recomendeds  don`t have a thing to do with the item..so I`m gonna go in & click Not To Remind Me about those again. 

I will sympathize with everyone that has ton`s of jewelry listed..this should NOT be happening.

I think we should all get to gether out in San Jose or wherever..form a huge KICKAZZ chain & have at it!!! 

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

OMG!

Mine too on all three IDs.  Then when you go in they are recommending DIAMOND CUTS and CLARITIES and at least another 25 unrelated "item specifics" to the piece being listed.  It appears that the "fine item specifics" are being combined with the "costume item specifics".   I read on EcommerceBytes-NewsFlash that eBay said it might take a week to get everything reorganized ... but this is totally ridiculous.  AND once again they are pulling this bull during the "Holiday Season".  Right now I'm so frustrated.  Trying to list a simple rhinestone brooch is totally a hassle. 

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

Hi Everyone!

It has been quite a while since I have been here.  OMG! What is going on with EBAY? These new item specifics have screwed up most of my listings.  What are they thinking?

Photobucket
Message 12 of 44
latest reply

As usual, they are messing with things that were working rather than fixing the things that are broke.  And in the mean time, sellers are pulling their hair out because it is causing a disruption in their business plans.

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

Last time the screwed things up this bad..we had to bow down to their REQUIRED Specs in order to close that infernal blue circle in hopes of items being seen. 

NOW we not only have to do the required (which I might add all mine were there yesterday & disappeared on most overnite!!)  but the blue circle does NOT close until all their  reccomended blocks have something in them, whether it pertains or not! 

I`m about ready to HURL from typing NA (and make sure it ADDS IT!) 

I am so ready to kickazz

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

I choked on my coffee reading your post......   I recognize about 3 of those terms! 

this is just tooooo much, 

is there a forum or place to "kindly" ask Ebay **bleep** they are doing?

Message 15 of 44
latest reply