cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sitting On It

I know y'all just had to see what this thread was about.  LOL!  I had an idea I want to throw out there which was actually generated by a couple of Sandy's posts.

I was just able to verify a D & E piece I've had for over three years from our D & E thread. (Thank you Sandy!)  I'm sure everyone else also has a few great pieces that they have been "sitting on" for years because they couldn't be identified but they were just too nice to list without knowing what they were.  So what about a pinned topic where we can list those pieces long term?  That would increase possibility that someone will come along who might be able to identify a piece.  In order to keep the thread from getting too long, maybe identified pieces could be moved to another thread or deleted? 

Den, I know you're "in charge" so I don't want to make more work for you either, so speak up if you think this would be a problem. 

Sherry

I set out to change the world. Then I saw something shiny
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Sitting On It

Smiley Happy I heart the idea.  I would be glad to help out any way that I can.  Maybe run it for a couple of week.  It could be like an ID savanger hunt.  Sounds like fun

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I think it's a great idea. I had started a thread on the old board for pieces that were unidentified and hoped that we could keep the thread active to help with IDs.

eBay had other ideas.Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Oh, sounds like fun, kinda like a mystery hunt.  I know that it would be interesting as well as informative.heart

Photobucket
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I like it.. It seems like everytime I look for something for someone else, I find something I was looking for:)

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

When can we start!!! Love the idea!

==============================
Enjoy today, Tomorrow it will be gone!
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Oooh, I'm glad everyone seems to like the idea.  I think we need to hear from Denwolf tho.  She has to pin topics.  I think I need to take some pictures! Smiley Very Happy

I set out to change the world. Then I saw something shiny
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Bump 🙂

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I've been wondering if anyone has heard from Den ?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

DW is really has her hands full right now.  If Dawn will just start the thread they way she wants to set it up, since it is her idea, I'll bet it will be seen and get pinned. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply