cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Antique Chinese Milk Glass & Coral Colored Glass Beads Elephants Any info?

new 001.JPGnew 002.JPG

new 003.JPGnew 004.JPG

Hi  Anyone recognize anything about these glass beads? Old?  Made to l ook old?    They are not plastic and I amthining they are glass???  The presidium did move off of glass but I can't think of what else they couild be.   Thank you for any help  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I have seen czechoslovakian Egyptian revival 1925 glass beads like that.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

They could be bone.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

But they really feel like glass. I don't think bone is an option.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I think 1920s is a good bet too. THe tassel style with the alternating round and long beads was popular then

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I am not an expert but I read a long while back there was a Company "NEIGER Brothers" that made figural beads. Their beads are copied so not sure if your Elephant Beads are by them.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Yes Neiger Bro. made a lot of Egyptian reival necklace from Chez beads and some had elephants. If you know they are glass and I do think they are. Go for it.. They are beautiful..

I have a lot of loose beads from that style necklace and know they are glass. They were broken necklaces that were knotted between each bead, however the string was too old to repair so I just cut them apart and still have them in my stash.

Beautiful necklace by the way! 🙂

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you These are very short so I am going to assume there is a missing part but I will sell them because I believe someone could use them to make something very lovely! Off to look up the Neiger Bros stuff! Ty all for the help

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

PS I found the necklace on another site under the Neiger Bros listed as Neiger Elephant Art Deco Glass Necklace Uranium Beads You guys are too smart!!! tytyty

Message 9 of 9
latest reply