cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with id or descriptions of two old/antique brooches

I can find no marks on them. The both look to be Victorian era. One with seed pearls and one with a coral? rose. Gold filled or gold plated? Both have C hook clasp. Thank for any help on these!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Help with id or descriptions of two old/antique brooches

Both Victorian. Gold filled but I would have them checked, sometimes that open back construction is gold Smiley Happy

The one with the flower is a watch pin. Beautiful!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Oh, Marie. You are always there to help! Thank you!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Just wanted to comment that it's so interesting that this Victorian brooch has pyramid studs on it . I think of those as very modern . Guess they fall into the everything old is new again category .

Mermaid 🐠 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I was thinking that too lol!  It is a pretty piece,  The rose is probably coral

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

In the photos ,both look to have been repaired with lead solder. and the "pearl"one seems to be missing a part.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I have a pair of Victorian earrings with pyramid studs. Got them in a repair lot for basically nothing and had them fixed. They turned out to be 18k Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I agree that  the pearl brooch could  be missing a part. Definitely looks like it's had a lead repair  in the front that has come apart.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply