cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK, probably not D&E but I had to ask

I got this set and thought it may be. I checked the verification site and the Pitman book, nada. The back doesn't scream D&E to me. Just thought I would put it out there and see what everyone thinks Smiley Happy

MaybeD&EDemiFt.jpg

MaybeD&EDemiBk.jpg

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I haven't looked yet but maybe Albums 8 & 9 might be helpful?

http://imageevent.com/kjwshopping/detrainingalbums/metalfindings

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Thanks, I didn't have that site, but unfortunately it's not there Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Looked through the old yahoo group files for brooches and demis, but didnt see your piece in either confirmed yes or no's.

I did find a set made for Hobe or Weiss thats a really good match for a pair of earrings Ive been holding onto tho!

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Thanks for looking for me heart

Glad you found something for you, I think that happens often!

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

I looked in the NOT D&E Album for the Facebook Group and did not find yours in there.

Also nothing in the Is it Juliana Database:

http://isitjulianajewelry.com/index.php?Jewelry_Styles=Brooch&Primary_Color=&Jewelry_Types=&Beaded=&...

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Marie, I went through my books and couldn't find this set either.  A couple of pieces were very close.  Sorry. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Thanks Sandy, I figured. What was bothering me most was a lack of any D&E "tells" in the construction of the back.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

There was a piece with very similar construction just went up in a new NDE album in the Is It Juliana database yesterday.

flotsamlogo
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

@bluedaemon23 wrote:
There was a piece with very similar construction just went up in a new NDE album in the Is It Juliana database yesterday.

Can you post a link to the image?

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

the edge of the piece remind me of the D&E butterfly brooch. pretty set

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@bluedaemon23 wrote:

OK, I must be dense, what is an NDE album?

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

NDE means Not D&E. The piece I mentioned turned up on the Facebook group; the album is part of the Is It Juliana database linked above. Will try to find it later for the link; need to do that on my PC and I'm on my phone right now.

flotsamlogo
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Not finding a Chaton and (Antenna) Scroll Brooch in the NDE Album I went through the recent months posts on the Facebook Study Group Page. I found a discussion which is for an oval shaped brooch that looks similar to the one posted here. A match to that oval one is found on this page:

https://julianajewelry.wordpress.com/2009/12/24/the-curly-q-collection-de-juliana/

The group did not confirm the one posted but it has not been uploaded to the NDE Album either. It might be the author of the post is still unsure.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Thanks everyone for your help Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 23
latest reply