cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good morning everyone. Please help me identify this old necklace? Happy Thanksgiving

It's almost 7 in the morning here in California and I'm driving my family crazy with Christmas music while I start turkey day and intermittently play with jewelry. What a sparkly morning. I hope you are all having a great morning as well. (Please excuse me, I'm a little bit of a chatter box) lol. 

The beads are not plastic. They are heavy and cold. Continuous strand 48". Individually wired but fixed. I'm learning and really appreciate the help. So glad to have found this group. Blessings and Happy Holidays. s-l1600-3.jpgs-l1600-4.jpgs-l1600-5.jpg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Good morning everyone. Please help me identify this old necklace? Happy Thanksgiving

Hey there!    I imagine everyone is busy busy today,,but hang on..they`ll be back later on (after they are stuffed)

Not much help on the type of stones you have..but love the color combo!

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Good morning everyone. Please help me identify this old necklace? Happy Thanksgiving

The large mottled pink beads look like molded glass to me. Others may also be opaque glass. I've learned from the experience of handling various types of beads and making comparisons, how to identify them. Even so, it's not always clear. When in doubt, I rely on a gem tester to distinguish glass from gemstones. My comments are based on what they look like to me in photos. Someone may come along with simple test methods you can apply without a gem tester. I hope this provides a little help.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you both very much for responding and helping. I have been away for 4 days. No service where I was. A nice break but lots of catching up to do now.  Smiley Wink

The beads feel cool and heavy like glass. The round beads are fairly uniform in shape but I do see some difference. The colors are really pretty. Any ideas of era?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply