cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eye Candy Wednesday

I just tried posting this...in the wrong group.  (yeesh) Anyway, this is the weekly posting of the goodies.  Keep the images smaller to speed loading and as always no live auction pictures.  

Sterling and green glassSterling and green glassHopi sterlingHopi sterlingChild's or doll dinner service piecesChild's or doll dinner service pieces

The first is a sterling and green glass men's ring,  off to its new owner.  The second image is Hopi sterling from Guy Josytewa; it has his mark. The third isn't jewelry; it's miniature service pieces from a child's or doll china set.  It even includes the soup tureen.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Eye Candy Wednesday

I'm home from work today getting a new heater $$$cry$$$.  It's only money.  Lots of it!  Anyway, I couldn't leave this pretty guilloche, blue enamel and rhinestone set on the table at a yardsale the other day:

frenchset1.JPG

A couple other pieces spotted at the yardsales.  This one is signed ART.

artjellyopal1.JPG

Not signed, but very similar to a Miriam Haskell brooch:

domedbrooch1.JPG

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Dream , 

Those are all gorgeous ! I wanna come up there and go to yardsales sooooo bad . The yardsales here are depressing . Sorry about having to shell out $$$ for the heater but good that you are getting it now . Just in time . 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Eve, love the child's tea set!  And I wouldn't have passed on the enamel set either Dream, in fact we might have had to wrestle.  Waves at Mermaid.  So I am still setting here working with bees.  Started singing "What's The Buzz, Tell Me What's Happening" ah memories.  Anyone remember it .... without looking it up?  Anyway for your looking enjoyment ... three of the Joan Rivers' Four Season Bees:AutumnAutumnWinterWinterSpringSpring

Unfortunately, there was no Summer.  But since I live in Texas, I can live with that!  LOL

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Sandy, I know every word to "Jesus Christ Superstar".  Yes, memories Smiley Happy.  I guarantee you won't get stung by any of your bees!  Mermaid, wish I could say that every yardsale is a treasure trove, but you really have to dig deep and put in your time to find the diamonds in the rough.  I leave Saturday mornings at 7 and don't get home until about 2.  I'll go out on Fridays and Sundays too if there are any good looking ones.  I also hand out my card at every yardsale whether there's jewelry or not.  It's out there.  You just have to work for it Smiley Wink.

Here's a close-up of the necklace and pins detail:

frenchset3.JPG

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

LOL Dream.  It's one of my favorite albums.  In fact I youtubed it this morning and listen to the whole thing. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I live near the Bucks County Playhouse, and would see it every Easter.  I dated "Judas" in my younger days.  When I brought him home to meet my parents, he sang every word of it.  I was laughing so hard at my parents sitting politely listening to this long-haired dude singing an entire opera in our living room!  My kids grew up with it and love it, too Smiley Happy.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Wow .....Joan's seasonal bees are so detailed and beautiful . I've never seen those , I've seen JR bees but not the seasons , how cool and yes Lol Sandy ....you will definitely be ok without Summer down in Texas . 

I would love to go with you on Saturdays Dream !!! You are right I need to put more effort into yardsales . I never got cards printed . Sigh ....I admire your hard work and super great taste . It shows in your finds . 

I may not be the best at sales but I did have some luck while shelling & shark tooth hunting recently and Dream ....I didn't even have a metal detector !!!  

Mermaid 🐳

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

My sweetie had just found a pretty large tooth and I was searching in shallow water about knee deep when something bright caught my eye . When I saw the golden yellow flash I thought that looks real . When I fished it out of the water and felt the heavy weight I thought this is real . Here it is .........

IMG_4752.JPGIMG_4755.JPGIMG_4756.JPG

I might start another thread to see what y'all think about my lucky find . 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Holy mackeral, mermaid!  Unbelieveable find, without a detector no less!  Newer family crest ring.  At one time they were used as wax seals.  There are sites where you can look up the symbols and come up with a name.  Looks good as gold Smiley Very Happy.  What a fantastic find!  Congratulations!

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Totally agree ^^^^ coat of arms ^^^^WOW^^^^lucky you!

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Love the mock diamond and moonstone brooch. Wouldn't it be lovely if it was the real thing either with monstones or opals.  Jillain.

Charm Affair or Charm
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

you will be able to find out what and who the family crest is. You never know . some one might just be delighted to have contact from you. Jillian.
Charm Affair or Charm
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Thanks, Jillain!  It sure would be wonderful if the stones were genuine.  I was surprised to see it signed ART.  It's not usually their style.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply