cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel Bracelet Help

No maker's mark that I can see.  Help with type of stones, and possibly who or where it was made

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Panel Bracelet Help

I'm thinking they are glass, what with the rounded edges, the overall shape of each and the way they indent behind the metal bird, tree, etc. Those are glued in, right?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Panel Bracelet Help

Interesting, unusual and pretty!  I'm not really a stones person, but the red is probably supposed to be carnelian and the black onyx. Not sure about the others, especially the white one. Are they actually stone, or plastic?

The theme would appear to be Peace. Peace signs are on one panel and on the dangle. The other images also look like they're associated with peace: a Buddha, a Tree of Life, and I suppose the bird is supposed to be a dove.

Dating: you got me, though I always think of the toggle clasp as being on newer pieces. The peace sign came into common use in the 1960s and has had occasional revivals since.

flotsamlogo
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Panel Bracelet Help

they are not glued in, there are prongs to hold each one in on the back.  the peace sign was invented in 1958 by gerald holton, so its after that.  The white stone with speckled spots is intriguing, and the green one.  

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Panel Bracelet Help

It doesn't look like it has much age on it.  The toggle is made like something from the last decade, and that combination of symbols wasn't put on jewelry much before the 80s, if that early.   I'm guessing it's a lot newer.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Panel Bracelet Help

I agree with the above posts.  The tree of life symbol wasn't really used much before the 80's when a whole lot of Pagan themed jewelry started coming into the market.  Though it looks like it has a cross dangle on it?  I would guess 80's or earlier and glass cabs made to look like stone.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Panel Bracelet Help

Interesting Bracelet. Maybe faux Jasper for the creamy color with inclusions and if there is red with the green on the one on the end than possibly meant to be Bloodstone, if not another guess is Jade, if a blue tint could imitation Eilat. (Last one is because of dove symbol and Israel connection.)

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Panel Bracelet Help

Oh, just had a thought on prongs on back. Might point to Chinese or Japanese. Just a vague memory on that guess.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Panel Bracelet Help

Here is some more up close photos.  Definetly the bracelet is after 1958 and most likely 1970's 1980's imo.  I just thought the stones were interesting and have no idea what to call them, especially the white one with specs.  The green, I would call a jade colored stone, the reddish a carnelian, and the black a black onyx, but that white with specs, I have no idea.  The bracelet has to have some kind of meaning.  From left to right, First is peace, then the next symbol ?, the next is tree of life, and the last is the peace dove.   The image over the black onyx looks like some kind of leaf with a bird or monkey with his arms/hands above his head.  I have no idea what that symbol stands for.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Panel Bracelet Help

I agree with Blue about the " onyx  " panel . Looks like a sitting Buddha figure to me also vs a bird or a monkey .  😂

Mermaid 🐳

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Panel Bracelet Help

The white stone with spots might be meant to be faux dalmation stone.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Panel Bracelet Help

Possibly poured acylic set with the symbols before cooling.  Agree that it's newer.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Panel Bracelet Help

thank you for all the help it is greatly appreciated

Message 13 of 13
latest reply